Livewell fill and recirc pumps

Hello All,

I'm looking for a little bit of advise before I make the purchase. I have a 2005 ZX225 and the port recirc pump is cracked. Since I was going to replace one of the recirc pumps with the new pump cartridges. I figured I would just do the fill pumps as well but wasn't sure on all of the pump sizes. 500? If I wanted to upgrade them to the 700 would that fit in the same housing or am I better off just buying a whole new pump?

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Everyone upgrades the pump from the old wimpy 500. I don't know if it'll fit in the same housing, but I do know you should upgrade to the 700. It's night and day.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I had an 05 SX 190 with the 500 GPH Rule pumps....they were pretty weak and under sized in my opinion....had one go out and ended up replacing all of them with 700's...all i had to do was replace the cartridge and re-connect the wire connector, it fit the same housing as the 500...so if they are the original pumps to the boat then the newer styles pumps out there will not work/fit but you will need to pull one to see exactly what you have.....keep in mind if you change to the 700's you will need to change the fuse size on the fuse block....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Awesome will do. Thanks a bunch. What size fuse?

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Going from memory, the 500 was 3 amps and the 700 was 5 amps but i think it says on the package/instructions....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS