Mercury Vessel View Mobile Reviews?

Just curious if anyone has installed the Vessel View Mobile yet. Anxious to hear what people have to say about it who have used it in the field. This seems like a great option for me due to my older (02) boat but with a newer motor (15 pro xs).

Well I just noticed a thread already started under Mercury Motors Forum that people are giving their opinions on.

3. Member
    I just installed one and it's a great item. Like knowing am not driving the boat and not knowing about any issues that may be going on wish it had digital water pressure read out. But its a cool item to have
    Last edited by Jeremy Baker; 04-19-2017 at 01:46 PM.

4. Banned
    Only downfall and I'm stupid that I didn't realize it before I bought it, you have to reconnect the system every time you turn the motor off. Doesn't take a real long time, but it does get annoying. At some point I'll go to the real version and sell this one; but for the time being it did confirm my rpms, motor hours, thermostats are working properly and that I had no codes.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Only downfall and I'm stupid that I didn't realize it before I bought it, you have to reconnect the system every time you turn the motor off. Doesn't take a real long time, but it does get annoying. At some point I'll go to the real version and sell this one; but for the time being it did confirm my rpms, motor hours, thermostats are working properly and that I had no codes.
    Same here just nice to know everything is good and forsure worth the $250 from European Marine

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    And if you happen to forget to close the app your phone will stay on all day and will drain your battery like crazy. it's certainly worth the $250. I have mine on a ram X-mount and it works great.

7. Member
    Mine works great we were able to see the rpm drop 50-100 that the techs laptop wouldn't ,
    i just wish it had a recording feature where you could save some info. It confirms my new tach isn't working properly it stops at 5200 rpm but the vessel view reads it at 56-5700

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed409 View Post
    And if you happen to forget to close the app your phone will stay on all day and will drain your battery like crazy. it's certainly worth the $250. I have mine on a ram X-mount and it works great.
    Does your RAM mount suction to the windshield or is it mounted in? I have a mounted RAM currently but it holds my Lowrance unit. Thought about getting the suction cup for the windshield, but not sure about the durability when I hit a wave.

9. Member
    Does VV Mobile provide any information that VV4 doesn't?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    Does VV Mobile provide any information that VV4 doesn't?
    At some point there is going to be a companion website that will receive the motors info from the vv mobile via internet. But at this time it is not active and the vv mobile info provided is very basic; but the cost is too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Mine works great we were able to see the rpm drop 50-100 that the techs laptop wouldn't ,
    i just wish it had a recording feature where you could save some info. It confirms my new tach isn't working properly it stops at 5200 rpm but the vessel view reads it at 56-5700
    The data should be the EXACT same data for both the Technician, and your device, because the data comes from the same place (PCM). Something is amiss.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew18 View Post
    Does your RAM mount suction to the windshield or is it mounted in? I have a mounted RAM currently but it holds my Lowrance unit. Thought about getting the suction cup for the windshield, but not sure about the durability when I hit a wave.
    My Bass Cat has a flat spot on the front of the console near the gauges but that suction cup is very strong. You should be able to find a spot.