Bow graph mount Lund Pro V bass

Hey guys, I finally ordered a pair of Helix 10's for the new boat. I am trying to figure out how/where I am going to mount the bow graph and was hoping to get some advice. I've decided not to flush mount the graph since I'm tall and would like to get it up a bit higher. With that being said I've got it narrowed down to 3 mounts. The Dek it mount is currently at the top of my list. I like the fact that its out of the way and looks solid, however I'm concerned that it won't clear my travel cover. The mount itself will clear the cover but once the Gimbal and unit are installed I don't think it will clear. I was thinking worst case scenario I can use some wing nuts/ bolts to hold the gimbal on the mount and remove it when covering the boat but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Other than the Dek it mount I was thinking of using a mount like the Balzout or Cisco since I would be able to fold them down and out of the way. What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions! Thanks

2. Member
    I've had a dekit mount on my old boat and liked it. Actually ordered one myself for the Lund but it wasn't going to work. There isn't room over the footwell in my opinion on this boat. I ended up with a balzout up front and really like it. You can easily disasemble it down to just the base where it won't get in the way of any cover. I definitately wouldn't mount anything on that flimsy panel where they are supposed to be flush mounted. That is real weak, only has 4 very small screws holding it down and the metal is thin.

If you haven't read my other posts about my cover problems, you should probably do a search at least if you bought a fortrex or an ultrex to go with the boat. Shouldn't be a problem with an ulterra type motor. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Now that I look at your pic it looks like it would be tight/cluttered with the Dek it mount. As for the cover I did see your post. I ordered the new Terrova so I'm hoping I will be ok.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Car_nut15 View Post
    Hey guys, I finally ordered a pair of Helix 10's for the new boat. I am trying to figure out how/where I am going to mount the bow graph and was hoping to get some advice. I've decided not to flush mount the graph since I'm tall and would like to get it up a bit higher. With that being said I've got it narrowed down to 3 mounts. The Dek it mount is currently at the top of my list. I like the fact that its out of the way and looks solid, however I'm concerned that it won't clear my travel cover. The mount itself will clear the cover but once the Gimbal and unit are installed I don't think it will clear. I was thinking worst case scenario I can use some wing nuts/ bolts to hold the gimbal on the mount and remove it when covering the boat but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Other than the Dek it mount I was thinking of using a mount like the Balzout or Cisco since I would be able to fold them down and out of the way. What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions! Thanks
    I'd go with Balzout, hands down. Just got one mounted on the helm and I have to say, it's amazing.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=803567

Quote Originally Posted by kybluediver View Post

If you haven't read my other posts about my cover problems, you should probably do a search at least if you bought a fortrex or an ultrex to go with the boat. Shouldn't be a problem with an ulterra type motor. Good luck.

I am looking at buying the Pro V Bass here in about a month. By 'cover issues' I am presuming you mean the cover won't fit with a Fortrex? Can you post or message me a link to your posts about them? Thanks!
    Mike
    ---------------------------
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

From what my dealer told me the covers now have a slit in them to allow snapping on with a trolling motor in place. Mine does not have this.

Quote Originally Posted by mbartles View Post
    I am looking at buying the Pro V Bass here in about a month. By 'cover issues' I am presuming you mean the cover won't fit with a Fortrex? Can you post or message me a link to your posts about them? Thanks!

7. Member
    Here's my 175TXW it has an Ulterra installed in place of the Edge. The cover barely fits. You can see how the rear left corner is off.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbartles View Post

Just do a search on my user name. Should be in one of my updates. Here is a pic I posted earlier. there is an issue with both the front "snapping" of the cover (due to both the length of the base as well as the cables) and no way to put the motor down due to the support brace. You can see both issues here. For the other poster with the tracker, Lund unfortunately doesn't cover the TM with their cover so it is a different kind of fitting issue than I think you have.

Thanks for the response - the picture definitely tells the story! I think I can live with that, at least temporarily. I will definitely be checking out your threads though.
    For the Trackers (at least the newer ones, they make two factory covers - one standard and a Fortrex-specific cover.
    Mike
    ---------------------------
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

10. Banned
    Any good tarp guy can modify the cover to accommodate the TM. They split the seam down the middle and add in material.

11. Precision Sonar
    Mount your factory Gimbal mount to one of our Precision Sonar Lund bow replacement panels.

Our Replacement Panel is shaped to fit just right and is pre-drilled and ready to mount the Helix factory gimbal bracket.

Here are some examples

http://precisionsonar.com/photos/bow...mounts-triton/

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

12. Member
    I've got the Dek It on the bow and a Balzout at the console, if your worried about your cover go with the Balzout up front, simple adjustment to lay it flat and the mount is rock solid....

13. Member
    I went with the balzout mount and I can say that I couldn't be happier.

Quality and performance all the way. Makes me wonder why I ever used a ram mount.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....92#post8338192