1/2 oz War Eagle Double Willow Blade Sizes Are???

So, I'm sitting here looking at a new 1/2 oz War Eagle Double Willow and comparing the blade sizes to the Netcraft blade size chart. I noticed the "Legend" scale thing in the bottom left corner of the printed sheet (I measure the line at being 15/16") where it says 1". So then I compare the blades on the W.E. and it looks like they're #5 on top and 4.5" on the bottom....probably. I'd like to eliminate the "probably", and get some confirmation.

Can anybody confirm that by comparing their W.E. with actual aftermarket willow blades of known sizes? At this point, all I want to do is start with the same blade sizes as the W.E. uses, because they work really well for me!

In a (delayed) flash of brilliance, I measured the top blade at 2.258" OAL, and the lower blade 1.872" OAL. Anybody got calipers and blades of known sizes?

There is no standard in blade or hook sizes.... Every brand is different.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I'm confused, isn't a 2/0 hook, a 2/0 hook?
    I ve got a hook size chart, isn't this a "standard"?

No.... They are close... But no "Standard"

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Been making spinnerbaits for 10 years and pouring jigs for 20 yrs. There is no comparison between brands. Close but not exact. Thats why some hooks work better in a mold than another brand of the same size. Spinner blades vary in both length and width but more so in width. Then get into thickness and all bets are off. Good luck.

7. Member
    Big Ten Four on what bill said. You get what you pay for. I started pouring s/b around '73 with a home made mold and coiled wire...BF

OMG...tearing my hair out....

I don't expect the blades to be same length within .001", but maybe .050" or even .100"? I'm a retired machinist, so....

Have run into the hook thing before...compare a 3/0 EWG with a 3/0 G-Lock...both Gamakatsu, both way different in all aspects.

9. Member
    order a #4 for the front blade and #5 for the back blade from Barlows tackle to match the war eagle double willow.

I prefer a #4 on the front and max #4 1/2 on the back. I actually like a double #4 better.

11. Member
    Here's a chart of blade sizes from Lakeland Incorporated. They make blades for some of the big name companies. But you have to be a dealer with a tax number to buy from them.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    Here's a chart of blade sizes from Lakeland Incorporated. They make blades for some of the big name companies. But you have to be a dealer with a tax number to buy from them.
    You can buy from them but without a tax ID they have to charge the 10% tax on top of whatever they charge for less than minimum quantity. The quality on Lakeland blades is the best from the samples I received.

Allen

Thank you all...looks like I have found the skirts and determined the blade sizes I'll order.