Question New Prop or CB Foil?

Hi All,

Looking for guidance on the direction I should go. I currently have a Blazer 202 Pro-V with a 250XS running a Fury 27P prop. Looking to gain better hole shot and improve cruising at slower speeds. Most of the fishing I do is leisure with the occasional tournament here and there. For leisure fishing (2 adults 200lbs/ea) the hole shot is pretty decent but during a tourney with same gear loaded and live wells full, hole shot is poor.

What would you guys recommend going with a different prop (Bravo 1 XS? Pitch?) or try a CB hydrofoil? Not really concerned with speed as the current prop is plenty fast just looking for improved hole shot and cruising speed. Also have a 14in hydraulic jackplate as well if that helps with responses.....
    Last edited by chubbychaser10; 04-18-2017 at 06:09 PM.

2. Member
    Get a Bravo1XS.

3. Member
    what pitch?

4. Member
    What are the LOADED RPM's @ WOT with the Fury?

cbaileys foil...I have twin Talons. My hole shot suffered. Adding a foil was the best money I ever spent.

6. Member
    I am going back to my A45 Tempest and add the CB foil for my Ranger. I was getting the best speed and right at max RPM's, but my holeshot was terrible in the summer with tournament load. Now that we have a lot of positive reviews for the foil, I am going that route. Messed with bravo, fury 4, trophy... None were as good as my Tempest on the Ranger.

Whether a CB, Bryan's, or Ally - these foils are all pretty much the same. Do they help - yes, but some hulls more than others. The prop will definitely help - the foil might. It really is a try and see. I have one on my Sabre and it definitely has helped, but the prop I'm running at the time does a lot more to impact hole shot.