SKEETER / MINN KOTA PROBLEM?

I have a 2015 Skeeter ZX 250 and after coming home yesterday from a trip I opened the bilge compartment to discover my Minn Kota factory installed 4 bank charger was just hanging there. 3 of the 4 molded corners on the actual charger that are used to screw into the aluminum bracket where broken! I contacted Minn kota via email and there response was to contact Skeeter because it is a known problem Skeeter is aware of. Supposedly, Skeeter did not use a rigid enough plate to mount charger which causes flexing and the corners to break on charger! Minn kota believes this may be a recall? Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Member
    Yes, the product was replaced by MK, not Skeeter.

3. Member
    I contacted minnkota and they said it was a Skeeter issue? Also did you put a stiffer plate to mount the charger so it wouldn't flex and happen again?

4. Member
    Nope same plate as day 1. No issues for the last 18months. Contact a dealer and see what they say. This issue has had some occurences.

5. Member
    Take or ship your charger to your dealer. Your dealer will send your charger to Skeeter and they will file warranty claim w/ MK. MK will send Skeeter a replacement charger and they will send it to your dealer. Your dealer will ship to you or you will pick up. To speed things up.. Skeeter might send one they have in stock or your dealer may do the same while they wait on the warranty to process.

Easy enough right.
    Last edited by Hunter1234; 04-19-2017 at 08:04 AM.

6. Member
    Ok so after a few emails with Minn Kota customer service I have straightened it out. Funny all I had to do was mention that I was a member of an online forum with thousands of members and customer service changed there tune and instead of blaming it on Skeeter fully they said that there was also a mounting hardware upgrade that they will include to stop the corners from breaking! They called me and are sending me a new charger after I send mine off. So problem solved.

7. Member
    Can you send me the contact info for whoever you got to warranty it? I took mine in last fall to my dealer and they did nothing about it. Mines got 2 of the 4 broken out.

8. Member
    Pm sent!

9. Member
    Same issue here. I need to call Minn Kota. Mine was screwed into a piece of 3/8 star board that bridges the bilge area. I really don't have any other room for it but to straddle the area above the pumps. Does anyone make a metal bracket for that purpose?

Thanks for posting!

Eric
    Last edited by Warpath; 06-14-2020 at 03:10 AM.
    A great fisherman lives here with the catch of his life!