presto gelcoat restorer

i just saw this stuff on amazon,sounds to good to be true ,really expensive but if it works it would be worth it

I just looked that stuff up on Amazon, and I couldn't find anything.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

There is no way to restore gel unless it involves buffing, sand paper, compound, etc. No short cuts....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

look under protech polymer products

It's one of the " quick fix ' gelcoat restorers.
    Similar to Poli-Glow, Vertglass,etc, they are all mostly hard acrylic coatings, like a super tough floor wax.

Most are a water based acrylic, they suspend the acrylic resins in water with a few surfactants so when you wipe it on the acrylics hopefully get spread out over the surface and the surfactants bring them to the top.....

Not much difference in them and Future Floor Wax. ( Pledge with Future Shine ).......which is an Acrylic Polymer......

None of them will work on any gelcoat that is oxidized, you still need to remove all the oxidation by compounding or sanding and any contaminants on the gel for the acrylics to adhere to the gel.

Once they are applied, they may last 6 months to a year, but they also have a tendency to yellow and start to alligator craze and crack in hot sunny weather.

Buy a $ 5.00 bottle of the floor wax and try it on a section, you'll get about the same results.
    Make real sure you use a real chamois to apply the Future wax, and only wipe in a single direction, going back and forth will cause it to build up on itself and smear.
    See if it lasts for you.

Myself, after doing all that work to remove the oxidation and get the gel clean, I would just keep a good wax coat on it.

thanks for the info ,when i saw it was 90 bucks for 4 ounces i thought it might be something special

There are no short cuts....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com