Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Elite Series Marshal at the Rez..

Who all is gonna be a marshal during the tournament next week? I will be there and am looking forward to it.

2. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Im not but would like to. Couldn't sign up that far in advance bc of work.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I know of a couple guys that got marshal slots; Terry (Rider99XX) and Dave (dwoodfin). There's one other that I saw, but can't recall who it was.

I'd like to go down to the weigh-ins & other events, but have graduation activities that weekend.
    Who controls John Gill?

Looking forward to it. Gonna be interesting to see how they catch them.

5. Member
    I got me a spot. Looking forward to it. and I have a feeling I will be running through some areas that I would never think about running through

6. Member
    I'm signed up. Really hope I don't draw Tommy Biffle. I hear he runs a boat pretty hard through some pretty rough stuff!
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live bow
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live console
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

I'll be there...really looking forward to it.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

For those of you who've marshaled before...any tips for a day kit?

Rain gear?
    charger for your phone
    a coup,e of bottles of water
    sunscreen
    sunglasses

what else am I missing?
    USAF Retired

Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post

Rain gear?
    charger for your phone
    sunscreen
    sunglasses

what else am I missing?
    I'd bring your own life jacket, too. Of course your pros will have one, but it's best to have one that you know fits.

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post

Rain gear?
    charger for your phone
    sunscreen
    sunglasses

what else am I missing?
    Flask

Lol...thanks
    USAF Retired

I'm gonna do like my wife when she goes to lay out while I'm fishing. Take me a big beach bag with beach towels and a battery operated fan. Get to our first stop and spread out on the back deck! Tell them to try and give me a 5 minute warning when we gonna move!

13. Member
    I've done it a bunch of times- bring a good camera-
    '08 Ranger z-19
    '08 225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2 (vz225htlr) 60y 1005865
    HDS-12 gen 3 HDS-9gen2 (console)
    Dual HDS9 gen 2 (bow)
    Yamaha 25 t-1
    8 ft powerpole pro -series 2's

14. Member
    Drew out with Cliff Prince tomorrow. He's a stud in Florida but I'm not expecting much from him in this mudhole.......and it looked MUDDY today
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

15. Member
    My day 2 draw was Skeet Reese and he didn't do anything special or different that what I would have done, he just did it with a different mentality and it paid off. He had a stretch of grass that he knew he could catch 10 pounds off and that was his goal for the day. He knew 10 would get him to day 3. He flipped and flipped and flipped and flipped for hours with nothing and I was back there thinking "Give it up, man. Let's go find something productive." Then he got 1 keeper. Then another hour of flipping. Then keeper 2. 45 mins later keeper 3...and so on. He had 9 bites all day, culled twice, and ended with 12 pounds and put himself in good shape to make a run at a top 12 cut. He worked fast and just kept his head down and grinded. He kept telling himself "Be patient, you just need 5, flip every blade of grass." And he did. I would have lost focus after the first few hours and spun out and bailed to find some active fish.

The most surreal part of the day(and probably my life) came at the end of the day after we got back to the ramp. He had me take the boat and drop him off to get the truck. So I idle back out into the crowd of boats waiting on their driver and everyone is just idling around trying to fight the waves. I idle to the back of the pack and Im just holding position and KVD pulls up beside me on my left. He looks over and I give him a nod and he give a nod back with a "what's up?". Then I look to my right and Takahiro eases up. He idles by the Chris Lane pulls up along side me. I'm sitting there in a pack of Bassmaster Classic winners with 3-4 foot waves crashing onto the back deck. If I had looked over to see Elvis in the passenger seat and then realized I was naked, I wouldn't have been surprised. It was one of those moments where for a split second you think "is this really happening?'
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

Although the fishing was slow, sounds like a cool experience.
    Currently Not Boatless Bank Trash
    2013 King Ranch F150 4x4

I too had a fantastic time hanging out and learning from the best. On day one I drew Casey Ashley in boat 1! He was a great guy who treated me like He knew me for years....found out that we're in the same hotel, so he invites me out to dinner with he and his roommate, Marty Robinson. While there, they talked to me like I was one of the Pros as well, Jonathan VanDam stopped by to say hi...bust on a few of the other her guys and just generally cutting up...Then they take me along to shop at Bass Pro and Academy to pick up a few things...crazy! Again Then he tells me hop in his boat and he'll drop me in, then load it at the end of the day...while waiting to blast off I had Rick Clunn to my right, KVD in front and Hack on the other side...other big names all around

Day two I was paired with Mark Daniels Jr....again, awesome to hang out with. Chatted a lot. Both days It was like fishing in a merry go round....talking distance to numerous other pros. At one point Timmy Horton invites Mark over to fish a school he's on to help finish his limit. We only stayed side by side for a short time because Mark was hesitant to encroach on his fish...even though he had been invited....impressed by both pros interaction with each other. The ride in was something I don't need to see again...it was nuts! My phone took a beating and isn't working now....hoping to get it repaired so I don't lose my pics! Mark then told me save his number and call him when I was purchasing my next boat, that he could help with some things!

The two biggest things I took away were number 1, their ability to keep their heads down and fish even though they still didn't have limits at lunch time....completely calm, relaxed without fishing fast....heads down, fishing slow, picking things apart...both filled limits and culled later....I learned you have to stay focused, not letting a slow bite get into my head.

Number 2. Mechanics....the ability to hit tiny spots, way back, skipping anything...I watched Casey skip a Pop R 15' under and behind a cypress tree...again crazy. Pitching without a ripple 30' away.

all in all it was a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again!
    USAF Retired

18. Member
    I didn't really know that Mark Daniels guy going in, but we ran across him a few times on the water and he seems like a really likable guy......I also saw a few that seemed like really unlikable guys. And I was shocked to find out that one of the guys(not naming names) that I always thought was a well liked guy is actually one of the least liked guys when the cameras aren't around. I also heard he was a tool from his day 2 marshal.
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

19. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlong49 View Post
    I didn't really know that Mark Daniels guy going in, but we ran across him a few times on the water and he seems like a really likable guy......I also saw a few that seemed like really unlikable guys. And I was shocked to find out that one of the guys(not naming names) that I always thought was a well liked guy is actually one of the least liked guys when the cameras aren't around. I also heard he was a tool from his day 2 marshal.
    JW? Lol

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    JW? Lol
    Nope! But I'm sure there are several that fit that description.
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast