New P-line Fluoro

Has anyone tried the new P-line Tactical Fluorocarbon lines as yet? Showed great review I believe it won best new line at the show, not that I bank on that, this is why I am asking for any real experiance with it yet?

2. Member

I used it

First tournament this weekend with it....used 17 on a 7'2 MH loomis GLX and caught 2 4+'s pitching to a dock where the fish seemed to be guarding bed, water was crystal clear,,, very impressed with cast ability and limited stretch when I set hook.. 2 for 2 on the fish I caught....

Gonna try it on another couple set ups next practice day out...

I bought a spool of 15lb test before I went on vacation last week. I have used some P lines but not their floro. I for the record an not a floro fan at all but decided to try it after Scott Martin raved about it.

I fished 6 days out of the seven I was off all on local lakes and mainly used the tactical spooled rods since the chatterbait bite was on. I never retied in two trips and only retied the chatterbait 3 times all week.
    I fished heavy wood cover and broke small limbs to get my baits back. I checked the line often and was amazed how it never frayed or nicked. It was easy to cast and very smooth.

I am 100% convinced for me this is the best line I have ever spooled on a reel. It's amazing how it performs. I caught allot of prespawners from 6 lbs to keeper sizes and wore them out. Tactical held up...its amazing! I don't like the cost but can spool two reels from one 200 yard spool. I will be trying a heavier test for flipping soon. I am sold on P line tactical.
    14' Alumacraft Green machine.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    24V. 75# Motorguide (tiller)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

With using the old line on your reel as backing you should be able to re-spool 4 reels from a 200yd spool. 150m ft of main line is plenty

5. Member
    I have it spooled on my reels but haven't fished it yet. Stocked up on it during the TW Tax Sale (buy one get one free spools + 10% off). I got (6) 200 yd spools of various line sizes for less than $50. It looks and feels like quality line.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859