Any 2014 year dash button issues?

All 3 of my Tritons had rotary switches and worked great. My next boat is going to be a 2014 with push buttons. Anybody have any problems or recalls? Any advice would help.

Yes, check with your dealer. There is a recall on the push buttons on the newer boats. (By the 2017 model year they now come standard with the rotary switches.)

3. Member
    If I buy this 2014 boat should I contact a Triton dealer first. The Triton dealership is now gone where it was bought. MM

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I had buttons in my 2015.. Replaced a couple then had a couple more acting up so they then replaced all my panels in the boat with rotary switches.. They are much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Mariner View Post
    If I buy this 2014 boat should I contact a Triton dealer first. The Triton dealership is now gone where it was bought. MM
    I believe I've seen other posters contact Triton, who sent them the new rotary switches directly. It's supposedly not super hard to install; just difficult working in tight spaces. I know someone on here did it recently. Maybe they can elaborate.

6. Member
    Thanks. I tested the push buttons and they are working good. I don't like them but maybe use them till they break??

7. Member
    My 2015 needed switches replaced. Dealer supplied and shipped to me, told me to give it a try or we will install for you. I'm pretty handy so I thought I would give it a go
    4 hours later, a bunch of cussing they are installed. I laid down under the console and went at it that way.
    they are plug and play couplers, the biggest hurtle was the 2 fasteners on the back side of the switches.
    i drilled a hole big enough that I could get a socket and ratchet through the underside and loosen fasteners
    then fishining the couplers that were tucked in the side of the boat
    took egnition cover off the get access to wires and pushed them through
    hope you have same hands and body when doing this
    all in all it's done and no more sticky switches
    i know 4 people with the push type that are getting them replaced
    hope this helps
    JEbass

8. Member
    So if I buy the 2014 and register it under me with Triton and 2 years later the dash buttons go out......They should replace them.....I hope.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Mariner View Post
    So if I buy the 2014 and register it under me with Triton and 2 years later the dash buttons go out......They should replace them.....I hope.
    I can't answer that question but I would certainly thinks so, and figure they would. It's a well known issue.. I had some original switches that never malfunctioned and some messed up twice. I told my dealer they replaced them with rotarys no questions asked.

10. Member
    Switches do not fall under the hull warranty, they are an accessory and have a separate warranty. 2014 touch pads would not be covered by any warranty in 2017. Buy the boat and either when you have the money or when they fail, install the prewired rotary switches, they are plug and play. Don't miss a great boat for touch panels that may or may not fail.

11. Member
    I'd have the owner call Triton now and get them replaced before you buy the boat.

12. Member
    Will Triton replace without being broken? The buttons work as they should. I'd like the newer ones. MM