Thread: LSS2

LSS2

Has anyone mounted theirs flush against the boat under the lip above the live well inlet? If so what kind of epoxy did you use and what prep work would be needed?

Also how hard is to add in hull transducer? What is required to be moved in order to do so? Which ducer should I or would you go with? Right now I have a skimmer mounted on rear and I lose depth readings. I have gen3 units.

2. Member
    Get you a bottom plate for your jack plate and mount the lss2 there. The only holes I want in my transom is for the 4 bolts that hold the jack plate on.
    Your skimmer transducer will work fine for a through hull. If you have to buy one buy the puck style because they are a little easier to epoxy in. You will have to pull the tank to epoxy it in. Go to lowes and buy the marine 2 part epoxy and follow the instructions. Sand the hull where it's going and the bottom of the transducer and clean them both up really good with acetone or alcohol. If it's done right you can't hardly remove them with out the transducer breaking. Somebody may tell you that silicon will work but don't listen. If you use silicon you will be pulling the tank again and redoing sometime in the near future.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    ^^^^^^ This
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Member
    Found several pics explaining...
    Last edited by gixxer420; 04-18-2017 at 11:31 AM.

5. Member
    So I can use the stock 2d transducer for thru hull? Didnt know that. But I believe the puck will be alot easier.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I always put the PDRT-WBL in the hull. There is a cut out below the gas tank just for transducers. The PDRT is a Pod type transducer with a remote temperature lead that will reach out to the transom for proper water temp.

If you have a rapid jack, call Steve at Hydro Dynamics and order the correct size lss2 bottom plate.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    +2 for 99jav

8. Member
    Okay have everything ready. However my unit is still has totalscan selected as transducer. What is the lss2 label in the menu also whats the normal 83/200 label as in menu? How do i go about selecting both of those