Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It makes you wonder if the pros who were using these last year had these same problems. What about the beta testers? Did they not have enough of these out there to get them tested thoroughly? I'm on my 2nd Ultrex and 3rd mount. They should have more beta testers who will give them a thorough testing and honest evaluation instead of someone who will tell them how great it is because they were given one for free.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    It makes you wonder if the pros who were using these last year had these same problems. What about the beta testers? Did they not have enough of these out there to get them tested thoroughly? I'm on my 2nd Ultrex and 3rd mount. They should have more beta testers who will give them a thorough testing and honest evaluation instead of someone who will tell them how great it is because they were given one for free.
    Why are you on the 3rd mount? What has been the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger MN View Post
    Why are you on the 3rd mount? What has been the issue?
    1st motor had cracks all over the footpedal.
    2nd motor, which was sent by MK, had different key ways on the motor and mount. Would not connect together.
    MK sent replacement mount with correct keyway.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

So I had same issue with the foot pedal locking up - although only the heel. Could press on toe to turn, but heel was frozen.

MK sent me a new motor. My question is do I need to replace the base mount or can I just pop off the motor and pedal? Anyone know if changes have been made to the mount? Worse case I'll call MK on Tuesday.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    So I had same issue with the foot pedal locking up - although only the heel. Could press on toe to turn, but heel was frozen.

MK sent me a new motor. My question is do I need to replace the base mount or can I just pop off the motor and pedal? Anyone know if changes have been made to the mount? Worse case I'll call MK on Tuesday.
    Maybe. There was a running change at some point that added keyways on the head of the motor and the mount. You should be able to see if your old one has the key way knobs when you unbolt it from the mount.

I would also make sure the mounts look the same cosmetically. I got an 80/24 45 non link in November and a 80/24 45 link in February and the neither of mine have the key ways but the mounts have different side plates.

6. Member
    My tournament partner is getting the frozen pedal syndrome on his ultrex... Is there any on the water fix that can be done for frozen pedal to make it come back alive? He did have it freeze up before and it came back after 15 minutes...

Thankfully my only issue (except for interference) was the prop would not spin with the momentary switch or with constant on button. I did a power cycle and everything worked like normal again...

Mine never came back. I fished with the remote for 3 days. I called MK from the water when it happened and they had no solution other than replacement.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

8. Member
    that sounds like the case. :( My tournament partner called CS and they are shipping a replacement.

the good news is that the remote works, so it wont totally leave you with out a bow mount

9. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Wonder how many this is happening to, I see nothing about this issue except in this thread.

Just installed my Ultrex last weekend and fishing the next two days hopefully trouble free

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Wonder how many this is happening to, I see nothing about this issue except in this thread.

Just installed my Ultrex last weekend and fishing the next two days hopefully trouble free
    Happen to mine. Mk sent me a new one

11. Member
    In which month did you guys purchase your Ultrex units with the frozen pedal issues ?

I ordered mine at TW's Black Friday sale. Got it in late April.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

13. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    MIne is fine "knock on wood" and I got mine in late December 2016
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Mine is fine and I think I received mine in febuary..

15. Member
    Mine went out last night. Pedal is completely locked. Remote won't do anything. I don't know how some of you are saying you can still use it with the remote. Oh well, either way I guess mine is gonna end up going back too.

Are those of you that have had to get replacements getting them quickly? And are you going thru your dealer or going to MK directly?

16. Member
    Went through minn kota. Got mine in 3 weeks. Sometimes minn kota wants you to pull apart head wiring connector and replug it in. That has worked for some.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Went through minn kota. Got mine in 3 weeks. Sometimes minn kota wants you to pull apart head wiring connector and replug it in. That has worked for some.
    I tried disconnecting and re plugging already after reading this thread and no luck. I will go crazy if I can't fish for 3 weeks! How long ago was it when you had yours replaced?

Got mine in 3-4 days after speaking with MK.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

19. Member
    Talked to CS this morning. She didn't have a whole lot to say or even many questions. Just said I should take it to my dealer. Not exactly what I was hoping for. We'll see how they handle it with my dealer...

20. Member
    probably what they say if you got it from any kind of dealer. I got mine from tackle warehouse sale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast