Soooooo out of curiosity.

Let me preface this by saying I don't intend for this post to turn into a finger pointing contest......

For whatever reason I was "needing" to read some old post today (about Theron) those of you who were here will know what I am talking about, and I read through my post on the subject and that led me to realize how close a bunch of folks this used to be. Now let me say I will be the first to admit that I haven't done my part in maintaining many of the friendships I had made here, but I wonder how the entire core group ended up at odds....to the point where many of us don't speak at all. I could go on and on in detail about what brought me to this question but I'd rather not. Just throwing it out there as a whole......Seems strange b/c there are many good people on this board.

What say you??

2. Member
    I still talk to many of the folks here on my FACEBOOK PAGE… I just shook Don Carter hand Saturday at Gaston…I also see many of the BBC BOYS AT T'S AND JUST ON THE WATER. MATT FUNK AND JIM FUNK WE SPOKE ON THE CHICK RIVER WHEN IT WAS COLD. RICHARD BATES CALLED ME A FEW WEEKS AGO. I STILL TALK TO MOST BUT HEY… I'M THE MOST TALKATIVE MOFO YOU GOING TO MEET!…UNLIKE A BUNCH OF FOLKS IN THE WORLD I DON'T LIKE HAVING ENEMIES… HELL I MAY NEED YOU ONE DAY AS I'M HEADING TO TARBORO!!!!

So great to see you and shake your hand Mike! Too bad we didn't have more time to talk.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE-SOMEONE PAID.

4. Member
    I have not been on here long, but I love talking fishing with anyone. I have met some great people on here and I wish I knew y'all were on Gaston last weekend. I was there from Thursday till Sunday. Always look forward to meeting people. Hope to meet some more of you guys on the water.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original TrickWorm View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I don't intend for this post to turn into a finger pointing contest......

For whatever reason I was "needing" to read some old post today (about Theron) those of you who were here will know what I am talking about, and I read through my post on the subject and that led me to realize how close a bunch of folks this used to be. Now let me say I will be the first to admit that I haven't done my part in maintaining many of the friendships I had made here, but I wonder how the entire core group ended up at odds....to the point where many of us don't speak at all. I could go on and on in detail about what brought me to this question but I'd rather not. Just throwing it out there as a whole......Seems strange b/c there are many good people on this board.

What say you??
    everyone I know got banned.

BTW congratulations on the win sat. your my new hero

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    everyone I know got banned.

BTW congratulations on the win sat. your my new hero
    Thanks, Flash.

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Hey, Mike....

Still here, mostly in the Champ forum. Have not been on the water in 4 years...Joyce's mom needs 24/7 care, so she can't get away. I am a bit cautious about going alone...getting old, don'tchaknow! I keep the boat water-ready, tho....

As said above, many of the folks can be found on Facebook.

Trick, there was a big falling out in the core group awhile back. I wasn't involved (imagine that!) but I've spoken to several people and heard a couple different sides to it. Al banned a few people over it all. A few others just left. I still just lurk around and hope for an inviting post to hijack. I was talking with some people on my FB page, but decided I was tired of all the adds, spam, and political BS so I deleted that. Still get the occasional PM on here. Nothing like what it once was!!!

MCherry spoke to me on the Chick. He yelled at me and said this dock is his and told me to keep moving. But he did speak.

2006 TRITON 21X DC / MERCURY 225 PRO XS
    FRANK REEVES, US ARMY RETIRED

11. Member
    ...ALL OF THEM ARE MINE IF I SEE YOU FISHING IT. AND WHERE YOU BEEN ANYWAYS.

12. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar

13. Banned
    most are still around and or just lurk, as myself!

For me Facebook has really taken over for details on local tournaments or just general chit chat. I am out of the loop when it comes to people being banned or people having beefs with others or why. If I remember right, Al removes personal attack posts immediately. Congrats on your win Mike. It's been a rough couple of years for me but I will rise above the ashes like you!
    2017 Phoenix 21 PHX

15. Member
    yea I am a lurker lol

It's official, Trickworm does not like me, ducks me all the time, and never calls me, heck Scooter even talks to me regular but oh no, not trickworm. HEHE

And for the record, I was driving to a tournament sometime last year when we had our last phone call ... But I called you first!

Congrats on your win!

I think a little bit of the split came via Facebook but also when the two BBC pages were separated that may have caused the chatter traffic to diminish. I think there was much more happening on the pages when VA and NC were combined. This is the first time I have been on this page in a long time. But I do still recognize a lot of the names. I'm not sure I know about the falling out part. Is that what stopped the VA Rallies?
    Last edited by Basswipe; 05-11-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

18. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Va rallies were not stopped because of the "falling out". That situation occurred more with the folks further north. The VA rallies weren't stopped, per se...they just never had any serious volunteers to cover all the work Greg and Sandra had done for us....So there haven't been any VA rallies since.