Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    I guess many options exist to dispatch them. Some better than others depending on if you want your boat looking like a crime scene and slime all over. I never let them hit the deck. If you use the gaff and eviscerate them over the side it's like it never happened. Keep in mind MD sold the idea of keeping and eating these fish to enhance the removal of as many as possible. If they hadn't done that most hook & line caught fish would be released alive and I would guess many are by the average bass fisherman. Tuna steaks. It's what's for dinner!!

2. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Tuna steaks. It's what's for dinner!!
    C'mon Mike, you don't ruin a nice piece of tuna by cooking it, do ya?

OK, cooking is fine. Toss buttered & seasoned tuna in a hot cast iron pan and when you hear the sizzle flip it over. Second sizzle it's time eat. Yum, dang I'm going to Bone Fish for dinner tomorrow, yes and it's all your fault.

3. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
    C'mon Mike, you don't ruin a nice piece of tuna by cooking it, do ya?
    I have a quite a bit in stock to experiment with Bruce. I always cook a couple all the way thru for tuna salad later.

Before:

After:

4. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Dang Mike, you got a mean streak in you.

I remember catching tuna like that out of Oregon Inlet, NC. Used to charter multiple days once or twice a year. Got to be too expensive, but packing a couple large coolers with tuna, wahoo & dolphin meant we ate well for months.

Old thread… you still killing the Snakeheads for turtle food, dinner or releasing them?

6. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    dinner, they are decent table fare.

7. Scraps
    Here in PA I think there is a law about throwing them back dead. The hammer and golden rule bludgeoning sounds really messy. Maybe not humane, but the knife sounds like the most efficient and least messy. How messy is it digging the claws of a 20oz framing hammer into a fishes heyed!?

I had wanted to ask this question, I've only caught two, but was out Sunday and got startled by a decent sized one that aggressively came after my DEPS buzz jet, I may have screamed like a girl, I didn't ketcher luckily.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12