poles in rough water

I don't have either poles or talon. What are they like in rough water? This past weekend was sight fishing, bed fishing etc. How are the poles/talons when ski boats, wake boats, tons of other boats are churning up the water and creating huge wakes.

2. Member
    Well I dont have a talon, but this last weekend I wished I did. Because every single time I tried to fish between docks I got blown out before getting a good solid cast or 2

Both brands will hold. After use of either you will learn how to fine tune how you deploy for the current conditions. I have owned both they are both good.

4. Member
    I just put one 12' talon on 2 weeks ago. It is working pretty good in rough water so far. The only time it hasn't held is in 11' of water with probably 20-25 MPH winds and big waves it moved only inches at a time. I think that if I was shallower, it might have held even then. I really am glad that I put it on so far. If I had 2 it might have held in the deep stuff and it was more wind/waves than I'll fish in again.

5. Member
    I had a set of talons for 6 months then I sold them to get a new set in a different color. The 2 weeks I fished without them were terrible, you get used to being able to hold a spot in the wind and pick it apart and it sucks going back to trying to hold it with the trolling motor. I'm glad they're back on the boat.

6. Member
    Don't the Talons have a rough water setting? I'd think that'd be a good thing to have in some of the conditions I've been in lately (with a single PP).
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

7. Member
    I have dual 12ft talons and on Kentucky lake it gets rough. Last weekend we had sustained 25mph winds and in 10 ft of water and using rought water mode they held me solid. I wont leave home without them! lol
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

With pp just keep pushing down a few seconds longer that will load up the pp more, may flex sideways but that is fine and gives you more depth as a wave comes. It works as well as tallon. I owned both.

9. Member
    I have been using two 8' talon's for 5 years and they do fine in rough water or if a boat wake comes through