Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I have the two trolling batteries in front of the gas tank and the starting one the driver side. I've been wanting to move the two trollers to the passenger side and put the starter in front of the gad tank.

2. Member
    Was the boat still balanced side to side with and with out the passenger? If I add a passenger I add ballast and may move things around. The smaller Allison should be more sensitive to balance than a Stroker. When I got my first Stroker I would carry a 4' level and check balance while sitting in the drivers seat until I got familiar enough with it. I would also run at a given speed until confortable then bump it up another 5 mph and so on with faster runs in between (partially out of control).

3. Member
    When he got out it definitely leaned a little toward the driver's side.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    Sounds like your out of balance. You will not drive an out of balance allison. Especially if it it biased on the driver sode

5. Member
    What do yoy mean Nathan? Of course you will not maximize anything but you can still drive it although it's difficult and not fun perhaps..

6. Member
    If you have too much weight on passenger side they are tolerable. If there is too much weight on driver side by a significant amount. I don’t care to take it much past 70

7. Member
    Never saw 1 balanced that would Run worth a Chitt.. Drive it Up on PAD. Hold it & Hammer On It :)

8. Member
    I would highly recommend balancing side to side when ever running the rig, with and with out a passenger. You will find it much easier to drive and achieve the speeds your are seaking.

Tom a little extra weight on the passenger side can make driving easier and extra on the driver will be harder. If your mostly solo move the trolling batteries to the outside storage then carry a bag of shot or sand and move it around as needed. Once you learn to drive you will be able to tolerate a wide range of balance and still make it handle ok.

side slide seats are nice.

11. Member
    Update... Went today solo, filled up fuel tank, kept all my fishing gear in the boat. I thought I'd be able to trim it high and get it squirrely at a slower speed to "practice" but it drove fine. About a half a tank I put just about everything in the boat in the rear passenger compartment. It took a little while but I finally broke 80. At one time after I hit 80 it just started gaining speed fast, went from 80 to 84+ in just a second or two, but I had to let out of it. This is one weird boat but I like it. I ran it up to 80+ 5 or 6 times today.

12. Member
    Update... Went today solo, filled up fuel tank, kept all my fishing gear in the boat. I thought I'd be able to trim it high and get it squirrely at a slower speed to "practice" but it drove fine. About a half a tank I put just about everything in the boat in the rear passenger compartment. It took a little while but I finally broke 80. At one time after I hit 80 it just started gaining speed fast, went from 80 to 84+ in just a second or two, but I had to let out of it. This is one weird boat but I like it. I ran it up to 80+ 5 or 6 times today.

Roll with it!

13. Member
    My advice is if you fish or ride solo the majority of the time id put troller batteries in the passenger rear compartment. This will help you balance out the boat a lot. also if your boat still has the factory lip then it doesn't want to be trimmed as high as a gambler, bullet, stroker or any of the other hulls. Trimmed too high makes it harder to drive especially when learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Supadave888 View Post
    My advice is if you fish or ride solo the majority of the time id put troller batteries in the passenger rear compartment. This will help you balance out the boat a lot. also if your boat still has the factory lip then it doesn't want to be trimmed as high as a gambler, bullet, stroker or any of the other hulls. Trimmed too high makes it harder to drive especially when learning.
    this is true,when I first got my xb03, i was used to running mod vp tunnels,and was trimming my motor way to high and losing speed and chinewalking bad,,plus the sporty couldnt get enuff water,,added a hyd. jack plate and spaced it out to 14", and found, she much preferred neutral trim and lotsa motor height, instead of trim. Now I'm in the process of making it center steer,and rebalancing everything, for the 300 promax going on this winter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345