New to the Whopper Plopper

Do you guys tie directly to the lure or and a snap or split ring? Was going to throw it on braid, Plopper is a size 90, is that going to kill action? Thanks
    Last edited by JHenry; 04-16-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Tie straight to lure. Braid will not effect action at all, just throw it out reel it in.

my 90 gives me a lot of line twist which i don't like. i think i will try a swivel on mine.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

my 90 gives me a lot of line twist which i don't like. i think i will try a swivel on mine.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

5. Member
    Haven't had much luck with the 90. I opt for a buzzbait if I'm not throwin the 130.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    I get alot of line twist with the 90 as well. I tried a swivel and it killed the action.

Quote Originally Posted by thorp View Post
    I get alot of line twist with the 90 as well. I tried a swivel and it killed the action.
    thanks for the info
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

8. Banned
    I thought the whole Whopper Plopper fad was a gimmick after I tried fishing it w/braid. Now I use a 12# Mono and it fixed any misgivings..

I've also found that if'n they aren't biting w/the old 'cast out/reel in' method that if You point the rod down towards the water and tighten the line, You then give it periodical 'tugs' for about 4'-6' and then wait... another 3'-5' and then wait. Make each tug more aggressive then the last..

Try a lighter Mono before You retire the bait..

9. Member
    i throw the 90 on 10 lb p line, same line that I use to crank with and never had an issue

10. Banned
    Tie a 130 and 90 in tandem, with the 130 trailing, about 1 foot between them. I use clear bic pen bodies, clear beads on the ends and a swivel in the middle. This keeps everything straight. Makes it looks like bigger fish chasing smaller fish. I've gotten some studs doing this.

Going to try this with a 190 trailing a 130.