Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live well pump out

I have an 08 21xd. I would like to have a manual pump out added to the boat livewell.
    has anyone ever added this to their boat?

2. Member
    I would think your boat would have that. In my 05 you flip a little valve on the live well line inside of the live well. At the top and back of the live well. It works when the recirculate pump is on.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    I would think your boat would have that. In my 05 you flip a little valve on the live well line inside of the live well. At the top and back of the live well. It works when the recirculate pump is on.

I want to be able to pump out water from livewell when on the water , before I plane off

4. Member
    When I have water in the well I can pump it out at anytime I want. I can hit the recirculate switch on the console then flip the little valve on the aerator bar inside the live well and it will pump water out. I empty my live well to 1/2 full a lot of times on the way back in. Then flip the valve back to just recirculate. After getting my fish out I then flip the valve and pump out all the water that is left. My son loves it when I pump it out on the drive home he says my boat is peeing while we dive home. It pumps out on the side of the boat just behind the passenger seat.

5. Member
    A few times I have forgot about it while running back to the ramp and the fish were flopping around in a dry live well.

6. Member
    When I have water in the well I can pump it out at anytime I want. I can hit the recirculate switch on the console then flip the little valve on the aerator bar inside the live well and it will pump water out. I empty my live well to 1/2 full a lot of times on the way back in. Then flip the valve back to just recirculate. After getting my fish out I then flip the valve and pump out all the water that is left. My son loves it when I pump it out on the drive home he says my boat is peeing while we dive home. It pumps out on the side of the boat just behind the passenger seat.
    Im new to bullets, I'll have to try this. Thanks. Where does the water pump out at?

7. Member
    Got it, I'm gonna try that . Thanks

8. Member
    should be two valves on the aerator bar. One on the left side one on the right. To make mine pump out I flip the one on the left down. You can test it at home just put water in the well and you should be able to pump it out. May want to do it outside so yu want flood your garage.

9. Member
    On my 2006, you pull the recir. nozzle out. (it's on the drivers side of the livewell). No valve to flip.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    It'll either pump out by turning a small valve on the driver side of the spray bar or by pulling out the red flowrite nozzle on the passenger side of livewell.

There should be a thru-hull fitting going through the side of the boat just behind the passenger seat.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

11. Member
    I was trying to figure mine out last time I went fishing and couldn't. I have 2 switches for pumps on panel. I have 2 of the valves inside the livewell on the spray bar that you all are talking about. I was trying to figure out the recirculating part of it and nadda couldn't. Its a 96 20xd. Rekon I could fill the livewell up in the driveway and try some more as someone mentioned above. When its recirculating I assume water sprays from the bar along the backside of livewell?

12. Member
    Yes you can try it at home. Just add water and you should be able to pump it out. I clean my live well from time to time and that is how I get the water out I just hit the recirculate switch then I flip the valve on the drivers side. When it empties I flip the valve back.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    The valve on the passenger side of spray bar needs to stay in the open position, otherwise it'll stop all flow. The valve on the driver side is closed to recirculate and open to pump out. Water will always continue to spray out of the spray bar while pumping out.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

14. Member
    open = straight across ?
    closed = straight down ?

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I believe that is correct. I removed my last 2 systems so its been many years since ive had to deal with that mess.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

16. Member
    If ya don't mind me asking what did you replace it with?

17. BBC SPONSOR
    I replaced everything with Flow-rite parts. That is pretty much all Bullet uses now days too.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

18. Member
    should be two valves on the aerator bar. One on the left side one on the right. To make mine pump out I flip the one on the left down. You can test it at home just put water in the well and you should be able to pump it out. May want to do it outside so yu want flood your garage.
    So where does the water pump out at? Out of the bilge hole in side of the boat?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSriversmith View Post
    So where does the water pump out at? Out of the bilge hole in side of the boat?
    I'm thinking yes

20. Member
    [QUOTE=CSriversmith;8340556]So where does the water pump out at? Out of the bilge hole in side of the boat?[/QU

My bilge pump out is just behind the rivers side toward the back of the boat. My live well pump out is just behind the passenger seat toward the back of the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast