Greasing tandem axle trailer

I know tandem axle trailers are squeaky. It is driving me mad however is there a way to grease it? I shot a bunch of PB Blaster around the springs and shackles that seemed to make it worse.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

I would use white lithium grease instead of PB Blaster.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    If its squeaking bad, the bushings are done, and your running metal on metal.
    The stock nylon bushings hardly last a few thousand miles.

A rebuild would need new bushings, shackles and bolts.

You can upgrade to brass bushings, grease-able bolts and shackles, as well as a shock absorbing Y for around $200 to $300.
    We did the Dexter kit on our camper, several thousand miles on it, and its still quiet.
    Makes a huge difference in ride quality...
    Last edited by LittlePech; 04-16-2017 at 09:42 AM.

4. Member
    I use FLUID FILM that I purchased from Advance Auto. It is an undercoater and lubricator it is a rust inhibitor works great on my tandem axle trailer and lasts good after it dries even when submerged at the ramp. I just spray springs, bushings, hangers, bolts, the whole works.
    Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePech View Post
    If its squeaking bad, the bushings are done, and your running metal on metal.
    The stock nylon bushings hardly last a few thousand miles.

A rebuild would need new bushings, shackles and bolts.

You can upgrade to brass bushings, grease-able bolts and shackles, as well as a shock absorbing Y for around $200 to $300.
    We did the Dexter kit on our camper, several thousand miles on it, and its still quiet.
    Makes a huge difference in ride quality...
    my next project ..

6. Member
    When I bought my 2000 Ranger,the shackles and bolts were badly worn. I replaced everything but the pivot wedge and that cured nearly all the squeaks. Since then,I oil the pivot points with 90 wt gear oil,no noise now.