boat seat material

marinevinylfabric.com any one ever bought from these stores, how good is it???

www.fabric.com

I purchased from this site over the winter to recover the bench seat in my Stratos. They had really good prices, fast and free shipping, and the marine vinyl was high quality, and matched the pictures on the site very well.

Did you do the sewing yourself? If so, fantastic job!
    I'd planned on recovering my old bench seat myself, but got new buckets from the family as a present a few years ago. In hindsight, I wish I would have held onto the old bench and recovered it.

Thanks! It turned out to be pretty straight forward. I watched a few videos online at http://www.sailrite.com/, the used a "walking-foot" on a regular sewing machine. My sewing experience is limited to a home-ec class 30 years ago and watching my mom and grandma sew different things for me through the years (hemming uniform pants and such). The materials cost around $90.00 for the two different colors and a large spool of heavy marine upholstery thread (I bought enough material to easily do the seat twice). I found the process used the same skills needed for any other type of boat restoration, and believe if you can re carpet a boat, do electrical, carpentry or anything where you have to figure out how stuff works, measure, and use tools then you can reupholster a seat.

5. Member
    Nice work bassnailer! That looks great!

6. Member
    Great job @bassnailer
    P.U.S.H- Pray Until Something Happens

Wonder how Sunbrella canvas would hold up?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........