Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleHollar1 View Post
    2007 225 HPDI
    10" slidemaster jackplate

Yamaha 27T1. 71@5400
    26 Tempest plus. 71@5600rpm
    25 Trophy Plus. 70@5600rpm

I blew the motor awhile back and build the motor back. After 10 hr break in got on it one day and got it up to 71 and fried number 2 piston again. It didn't hurt the cylinder and I machined and put a new piston in it. I never really pushed the motor hard with the T1. I mostly ran around 66 in tournaments and that was 5200-5300 rpms.
    I believe my boat is overpropped with the 27T1 and it's what the caused the detonation. I have since switched and have been running the tempest and the trophy and most of my rpms and speed come after 5000rpm where the T1 would be ran mostly under 5000.

checked my prop to pad today and I was only about an 1 1/2 below pad. I dropped the motor down to 2 1/2 to try it there. Here is my problem. Shouldn't I be turning more rpms with the motor then I am? I was wanting to get it closer to 6000.

Any ideas or help on setup will be appreciated.
    Have you had the timing checked with a timing light to make sure its not advanced too much.. this WILL cause you to "hole" a piston on a two cycle engine. ALWAYS warm it up well before you take off!!! Make sure the timing marks are actually set correctly also!. a good factory mechanic can check it.
    ....I run my timing retarded 3-4* ..you lose a TINY bit of power but you DO NOT run the risk of frying your motor.,, I run the )(*$#(*$ out of mine..and not worry!!

I had a 03 TR21 with a 225 Optimax
    Your RPM figures and speeds are almost identical to what I had
    I preferred the 26p trophy over the 26p Tempest
    The trophy carried the boat better and it just felt better

I ran it pretty high (2 1/4" I think)

I ran 71-72 mph GPS tournament loaded with 2 people
    I could run 74 alone & with a light load

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12