Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by haveme1 View Post
    Jb weild a couple of nickels in the sliding gap.
    --------------------that should do it..
    a couple of washers will work just as good..

2. Member
    I just put a bolt with a nut through the manual reverse lockout hole until I get this mess sorted out.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

3. Member
    0667]Hmmmm. The trailer should have a 5 wire system, 4 plusses (at various times) and one ground. Make sure your truck feeds all of these wires or once you fix the brakes, you can't back up.[/QUOTE]

That's what I have - just unplug and insert 1st male end on trailer side plug into closest female from male plug on vehicle side then turn headlights on.

Or get the adapter from etrailer.com

4. Member
    If the trailer has not been maintained, just replace it all.
    Once you get the coupler working the calibers go out because there is debris in the lines, then the rotors will be rusted, then the pads are bad, the list keeps going and your not on the water.

Take a weekend, get the boat off the trailer and completely replace the entire brake system. Call the trailer manufacturer. They probably can make you a kit with everything you will need.

Now you have a brake system you can trust, is reliable, and will work when you need it most.

While your at it, fully inspect all the wiring/lights.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by friogatto View Post
    If the trailer has not been maintained, just replace it all.
    Once you get the coupler working the calibers go out because there is debris in the lines, then the rotors will be rusted, then the pads are bad, the list keeps going and your not on the water.

Take a weekend, get the boat off the trailer and completely replace the entire brake system. Call the trailer manufacturer. They probably can make you a kit with everything you will need.

Now you have a brake system you can trust, is reliable, and will work when you need it most.

While your at it, fully inspect all the wiring/lights.
    THIS!!!
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I talked with manufacturer and they make a rebuild kit for my coupler, I will order that as well as new pads. The calipers are around 400 for both sides, I was thinking about bleeding out all the old brake fluid in the lines and refilling with clean. At least this will get me a working brake system for a trip I have coming up.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

7. Member
    $200 per caliper? Sounds kind of high to me.

8. Member
    Looks like they are around $109 per axle for caliper and new rotor, so overall I'm looking at $350 for a trailer brake system overhaul. Probably worth it considering I am wearing my truck brakes badly without trailer brakes
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

9. Member
    Subscribed. My surge brakes on my tandem are shot as well and that tongue slop drives me nuts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12