Power Disconnect for Power Poles

Here is a suggest for installation of power poles. As the software and hardware becomes more sophisticated power surges from charging systems send surges to the controllers this can cause all sorts of determinable issues. Here is a picture of a easily installed disconnect that can be used to disconnect the power pole while charging and to keep it from draining your battery. Found this on Amazon

<*)\\\|><)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles

2. Member
    What about that "jump switch" thing a lot of guys are using? Is tat different from what your suggesting?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    What is that called on amazon? I installed my power poles recently and don't really want to spend $50 on a over priced mini switch

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Battery disconnects like the marinco 701 style can be had on amazon for 15.00.

5. Member
    Ya I seen some 701 style for cheap. But I really do like the concept of that plug pictured cus it goes on the main terminal and not the screw down part. Just ordered one for $11 and that should be more than I would need.

6. Member
    So how does it work?
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Pickler View Post
    Ya I seen some 701 style for cheap. But I really do like the concept of that plug pictured cus it goes on the main terminal and not the screw down part. Just ordered one for $11 and that should be more than I would need.
    It will do the job, believe it is rated at 200 amps

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster2003 View Post
    So how does it work?
    you turn the knob it "disconnects" the positive power to whatever is hooked to it

9. Member
    Easy peasy
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Ya I get mine tomorrow. Does it make more sense to hook it to the positive or negative terminal? I would imagine it does the same thing basically. But power pole recommends the switch be hooked to the positive

11. Member
    I have mine switched on the power side and make sure you keep the pumps' power wires independently fused (assuming you have dual poles).

i use the switch K&K recommended. Great choice, thanks for the recommendation. Any switch will do, but I do love the final result of the install with the marinco switch.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    yes I prefer the marinco myself and it has to be on the"Positive" leg.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
    I have mine switched on the power side and make sure you keep the pumps' power wires independently fused (assuming you have dual poles).

i use the switch K&K recommended. Great choice, thanks for the recommendation. Any switch will do, but I do love the final result of the install with the marinco switch.
    Not sure what you mean by independently fused? I have dual power poles and each positive white has its own fuse. They are currently just hooked up to the battery without anything. Is there something I'm missing?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Pickler View Post
    Not sure what you mean by independently fused? I have dual power poles and each positive white has its own fuse. They are currently just hooked up to the battery without anything. Is there something I'm missing?
    Not missing anything, each positive wire from the power poles has it's own fuse. Just hook both of the wires into the cutoff switch
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    Not missing anything, each positive wire from the power poles has it's own fuse. Just hook both of the wires into the cutoff switch
    Yep, exactly

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    Nice! Had me worried for a second cus I have them connected directly to the battery and didn't think anything was missing since each lump has its own positive wire and fuse.

just got the battery connector today. Gonna install it now.

17. Member
    2 min install and it works perfectly! Just turn the knob clockwise to tight and it powered the pumps. Turn a 1/4
    turn to loosen it and it cuts power off

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    yes sir!! pretty simple concept