12' Talon NIB question

Why do people want to offer me used price for 2 new in box talons? I think $300-$400 of of retail price with no tax is a fair price. Am I wrong?

2. Member
    2 things.
    1. everybody wants a deal and they are testing your price. Just say no and a buyer will come along. If no buyer is willing after a good amount of time, then the market has spoken.
    2. you are probably going off the price you paid and buyers could be using a super discount price they saw 1 time or think they saw. Could be 600+ difference in that scenario. And people don't seem to ever calculate tax when comparing. Its like an illusion. It's $150 add on for a 12' talon, but people just don't seem to ever make that connection.
    Last edited by barbarian; 04-15-2017 at 03:48 PM.

$300-$400 dollars of retail price is a fair price. The problem is people can shop around or wait for a sale and buy it at that price or possibly less. People who shop hard for the best price they can get are not going to pay what you're asking because even though they are brand new in the box they can get them for a very similiar price. Plus some people if buying new want dealer support. In your situation they can not send them back to you if they have an issue. They will have to find an authorized warranty center and go that route. If they buy new from a dealer they have support to help them if an issue should arise. I would have no problem buying something new in the box from an individual at a discount price but not all people are the same. There is nothing unfair about the price you just have to find a buyer willing to buy new from an individual.

barbarian gave good advise...1. is spot on and 2. is similiar to what I said. At the price you have them posted they will sell. It may be today, tomorrow or next month but the right buyer will come along.

4. Member
    thx guys. My price is as low as it's gonna get. There are plenty of warranty techs around to get them fixed if needed and when it goes out of warranty, then it doesn't cost a lot to fix. I have them at $1600 TYD and shipping ain't cheap because they are big, heavy boxes. Thx again

5. Member
    That's a great price- but echoing those above, just an FYI. I've watched Universal Mania for the last month...everyday at 6pm the 12' models go on sale for $1581 with free 5 day shipping. Just thought I'd let you know. Good luck!
    Last edited by muyman22; 04-16-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Two for 1600.00 or 1600.00 each? What color are they?

7. Member
    A quick search shows they have been for sale in the Misc Section since March 20... 2- 12' footers Black in color and $1600.00 each. Nothing else but what comes in the box and like others have said the deals around the BBC sponsors are much better especially when you call them and add brackets and tilts and foot switches you can get the whole deal for 500.00 more

8. Member
    they are 12' black in unopened original boxes for $1600 each. And these deals are out there but not always accurate. I can possibly get brackets and other accessories for addtl $500 but would have to ck.

JR19 said it best. If you're not a reputable business you're not going to get as much. Reputable sellers on eBay have had them for less at times.
    Scott Inman

10. Member
    Plus, if I were buying a talon, and spending that kind of money I'd rather pay just a little more and get it from a place I could return it to if it wasn't exactly as I expected. You pay a little for piece of mind.

11. Member
    One of the reasons might be because even though they are unopened boxes, they are used because my dealings with Minn Kota is that to return something under a warranty, you have to have your sales receipt to prove when you purchased them from an authorized dealer. Maybe if you paid cash for them and provided the sales receipt that did not have your name on it, then they'd be worth more than used price.

12. Member
    Just bought 2 12' Talons for 1399$ per stick tyd so it makes it hard for you to get 1600$. Not trying to stir the pot just leting you know why possibly you are not getting ofers. Hang in there a buyer will come along.

Quote Originally Posted by stratoveros View Post
    Just bought 2 12' Talons for 1399$ per stick tyd so it makes it hard for you to get 1600$. Not trying to stir the pot just leting you know why possibly you are not getting ofers. Hang in there a buyer will come along.
    Where did you find that deal?

14. Member
    I may be interested in these, waiting on my tax return first though, can you send me a PM with all the details?

15. Member
    Thx guys for the comments but I sold them to a friend here at home that knows $800+ off retail is a great deal. I guess the lesson learned here is that I don't need to sell this type of stuff on this site while others are basically giving them away with shipping. Treat everyone fairly and have a good day.

16. Member
    Congrats! Either way you look at it, eventually someone will buy shallow water anchors these days....just gotta hit the market at the right time and a desperado who doesn't want to wait will come along. Glad it worked out!

17. LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS
    Put them on craig's list and they will sell! People on here know about the good deals! I got 2 12' talons, brackets, and tilt brackets for $3800 from a BBC sponsor. Talons were 1470 a piece!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS