Allison cutting through the rough stuff

First time I have seen this video. High quality ride in rough water.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    First time I have seen this video. High quality ride in rough water.

Sports1. There is no boat like the Bassports. Those boats dominate in the performance ride in rough water.
    Ive been around two xb21 Pro Elites, they are a better ride than 21 ft Champion and the 21ft Champion were the best "regular" production rough water rides around. Thats why you are seeing other companies bringing the or blending the 21ft champ into their line up. Interesting. The the Bassport can do it faster and softer. Its shocking. I have been in 21ft bullets, 21ft Skeeters, 21ft Rangers, gamblers, tritons, several bass cats, stratos, javelins, legend, champions in 20 to 21ft, phoenix. There were good/great/ decent boats in that mix but zero could maneuver, corner, and ride in chop like those Bassports no joke.

3. Member
    Rough stuff in an XB21
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    Rough stuff in an XB21
    the best made !

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Sports1. There is no boat like the Bassports. Those boats dominate in the performance ride in rough water.
    Ive been around two xb21 Pro Elites, they are a better ride than 21 ft Champion and the 21ft Champion were the best "regular" production rough water rides around. Thats why you are seeing other companies bringing the or blending the 21ft champ into their line up. Interesting. The the Bassport can do it faster and softer. Its shocking. I have been in 21ft bullets, 21ft Skeeters, 21ft Rangers, gamblers, tritons, several bass cats, stratos, javelins, legend, champions in 20 to 21ft, phoenix. There were good/great/ decent boats in that mix but zero could maneuver, corner, and ride in chop like those Bassports no joke.
    Keep in mind this is just your opinion. I have. Different opinion of my Gambler. It rides and handles just as well as this.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

Quote Originally Posted by GPGambler View Post
    Keep in mind this is just your opinion. I have. Different opinion of my Gambler. It rides and handles just as well as this.
    I had a Gambler.
    Might be best I don't give my opinion about how it handled ROUGH water as compared to my Allison.

7. Member
    I had a 2200 gambler and therw are things i miss about its rough water ride but it is not an allison and i would not go back as long as i could by an allison

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGambler View Post
    I ran a gambler like it in 6 inch chop did not like it in 24 inch chop. Its not a XB21.

9. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    I have been in a xb21 and I have been in a fastcat/lanier both in tournaments and rough water....I have a different opinion...the lay out is better in the xb -21 but the ride isn't ......a fast cat would eat up a xb21 side by side in rough stuff...I agree that the xb rides very well and may be the best ride with the conventional bass boat layout tho..
    best ride in the rough naah.... too much kool aid...lol

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

10. Member
    Kool-Aid, damn now im thirsty....

11. Member
    Fastcat is a different league for sure. Used to be one local. Rough water it was even close. It is a true tunnel, no center pod, and the tunnel is quite deep (similar to a 21/24 Skater) I want to say 24? It will run fast in stuff I wouldn't even try to get on plane in my Allison. I would never own one for other reasons.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Fastcat is a different league for sure. Used to be one local. Rough water it was even close. It is a true tunnel, no center pod, and the tunnel is quite deep (similar to a 21/24 Skater) I want to say 24? It will run fast in stuff I wouldn't even try to get on plane in my Allison. I would never own one for other reasons.
    different boat altogether ? lol why would some make that comparison (fast cat). There are guys that fish out fountain boats bassfishing also. A fountain is better in rough water and faster than an Xb21 and a fast cat lol.

13. Member
    It is a bass boat. But not conventional, kinda like a xb2002 is a bassboat but not conventional.

I don't need to be sold on Allison. I love mine and I have probably the best boat possible for my family.

Only boat I occasionally look at is the checkmate 21 brx pulsare. If Allison ever came out with a 21/22 foot bow rider I might start getting worried about having to buy a boat

14. Member
    Squirrel! Can we stick to comparing bass boats that are listing on the BBC Forums! I had to Google Fast Cat to even find out what it was/is...........Only thing google popped up for a Fast Cat that resembled a bass boat was from 2004 and it was 20'-3" long and weighed 2500 lbs. ......
    You're going to have Kevin on here comparing his Hayabusa to my Harley again!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    It is a bass boat. But not conventional, kinda like a xb2002 is a bassboat but not conventional.

I don't need to be sold on Allison. I love mine and I have probably the best boat possible for my family.

Only boat I occasionally look at is the checkmate 21 brx pulsare. If Allison ever came out with a 21/22 foot bow rider I might start getting worried about having to buy a boat

Oh I agree with you completely, the Fast Cat- a tunnel hull (out of off shore racing) is a better rough water ride. The 2002 was a traditional bassboat in the 80's two seat arrangement even w/ center steer wasn't un common as skeeter and several other companies had one. Even the beam width, rod storage, livewells back then was comparable with many other models. 2002 (now) maybe considered un traditional. You look at the SST (70"s) of its time and other bassboat seem to eventually carry a similar look. I have seen a few check mates in AZ (mean boat).

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    Squirrel! Can we stick to comparing bass boats that are listing on the BBC Forums! I had to Google Fast Cat to even find out what it was/is...........Only thing google popped up for a Fast Cat that resembled a bass boat was from 2004 and it was 20'-3" long and weighed 2500 lbs. ......
    You're going to have Kevin on here comparing his Hayabusa to my Harley again!
    Fast Cat is a LCB (Lanier Custom Boat). Can't speak for the Fast Cat but the LCB's are nice! Just a little too untraditional for me.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

17. Member
    I can see how you would come up with that Steve comparing an off shore boat to an XB21 is kinda like compairing a Hayabusa to a Harley not even close.