UFP reverse solenoid

I have a UFP actuator for my trailer. I replaced the unit 3 years ago. Last summer the brakes lock up when I go into reverse. I checked the electric going to the reverse solenoid and I have 12 volts there. Somebody recommended adding a ground wire from the solenoid directly to the trailer. I added the ground wire still no luck going into reverse. I do not hear or feel a click on the solenoid when putting the truck in reverse, but I do get voltage. Looking for any suggestions.

Thanks

2. Member
    If you have 12 volts from the solenoid side of the last splice to trailer ground, and no click, It looks to me like it's time for a solenoid. I would change the splice first just in case the one on there isn't done right.

If it was me -- before changing the solenoid --- make sure it's getting 12 volts---- take a positive lead straight off a battery to the solenoid- negative to ground it.. If it does not activate then --- 99% sure it's the solenoid.

4. Member
    I hooked it directly to the battery and no click or no sound

Try tapping on the solenoid with a screwdriver handle while it's energized... Odds are the solenoid is bad.

6. Member
    Ok I'll give that a try, just like a starter

Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    Ok I'll give that a try, just like a starter
    Yes sir: worth a try.

8. Member
    The one I just got would not work and it was caused by the plunger(rubber part) was too thick. Did not have the click sound because there was not enough room for it to engage and disengage.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded