Thread: Shelbyville

Question Shelbyville

Is it just me or is Shelbyville awful for Bass Fishing I just can't seem to crack the safe on this lake

Everyone I know that fishes over there says the bass are tough to find. Now as a crappie lake, its one of the best in the area.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Got 5 View Post
    Is it just me or is Shelbyville awful for Bass Fishing I just can't seem to crack the safe on this lake
    Those grass and Lilly pad lakes have you spoiled

4. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I've caught some nice fish on Shelbyville, but you have to work for them.
    Last edited by sgt93; 04-18-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

5. Member
    there is definitely some good fish in the lake . It seems to me that the spring bite is usually a late bloomer . My dad and I just got second place there yesterday with 11.66 . Water temps were 58-62 and that sure seems like more big fish should have been caught . What I think might be happen yearly is that the fish rely on water levels almost as much as temperature. That is my excuse right now . Tomorrow that might change .

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    there is definitely some good fish in the lake . It seems to me that the spring bite is usually a late bloomer . My dad and I just got second place there yesterday with 11.66 . Water temps were 58-62 and that sure seems like more big fish should have been caught . What I think might be happen yearly is that the fish rely on water levels almost as much as temperature. That is my excuse right now . Tomorrow that might change .
    Congrats....the lake is fishing tough right now.I was out checking things out for the BFL and did find them stacked in one area.And yes paying attention to water levels is BIG on this lake.

7. Member
    We fished the Illini Team Trail tournaments up there about ten years ago...water level is a huge key. We found one spot that had them stacked toward the end of one summer. Every cast was a nice fish and then went there first next spring and that spot was about 20 feet up on land! Also if you can find where they sunk the Christmas trees those used to produce well too!
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

8. Member
    Its a lake you have to fish a lot, you have to learn the lake and how to fish it, Its not a lake your going to fish a couple times a year and get lucky on, if you do than thats it you got lucky, great fishery but you have to put the time in.