Motorguide X5 105 water intrusion

I have a motorguide X5 105 on my bass boat, today while fishing I picked the motor up to make a move and water ran out the top of the motor with a oily look to it. It wasn't but a few drops and I was in pretty rough water so I figured maybe some snuck in there after taking a few waves over the bow. Pull up to the second spot and put troller down, fished for probably 3 hours with no troubles then I go to step on the pedal and nothing. The red illumination light comes on and i checked voltage at the top of the trolling motor and in seeing power there when I press the switch. Got home and took the prop off and loosened the two long bolts that hold the motor together, instantly black stinky oily looking water starts pouring out of the motor. Did I turn it into junk or is this thing repairable?

2. Member
    my x5 second time out had water coming out of the head too. called mg and they said to take it to authorized service center. i did and they repaired it under warranty. havent had any more problems.

3. Member
    Thanks, I'll be calling them Monday.