Thread: Livewell Drain

Livewell Drain

Have noticed a little water in the bilge after a day of fishing. Was just wondering where the livewell overflow drained into. 2013 X19 with HPDI 175. Just curious,,,,,,

2. Member
    The livewell should drain through the fitting on the bottom of the transom. Sometimes water can leak between the top of the livewell box and the deck if its full and you are in ruff water or planing off.

Check all your clamps also. I have seen some come lose ove r time.

4. Member
    You should be able to see your livewell hoses running from the wells to the bottom of the pad area inside your boat. Mine are located on the starboard side of the gas tank and floor. With that said, Xpress loves to change things around year by year ...... so 'your mileage may vary'.

Also, like Kevin said, check your hose clamps, I know mine needed snugging due to the material of the hoses becoming compressed.

Also, check around the livewell pumps to make sure none of them are leaking due to a cracked housing or leaky o-ring (cartridge pump).

Good Luck.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    Have had the same issue with my X17 when I left the aerator on to long. Water pumps in faster than it could flow out and runs over the top of the live well into the bilge.

6. Member
    Mine was doing that when I got it! The over flow drain still had plastic over the nipple where the hose clamps on, leftover from when it was molded. Had to grind it out with a dremel. So water would not over flow the live well