I'll be the guinea pig....

I've been eyeing up these $100/set of 6 spark plugs(Brisk performance plugs) for about a week now. They have a lot of claims of better performance in the SHO motors around throttle response, low end power, mid range power(which none of these I have an issue with currently with good ol NGKs). What caught my eye was the claimed "flat spot" improvements. They also claim up to a 500 hour life span. I have what doctor's refer to as "impulsive buyer syndrome", so I placed the order this morning. I'll report back on any improvements when I get them in and run. I'm brutally honest and critical when it comes to product reviews, so I will be flat out honest if they aren't any better than the $7.00/plug NGKs.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

2. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Tuned in
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

3. Legend Boats Moderator
    Interested in this

I'll be following this just cause it interests me, but unless there is a distinct advantage to running these I'll be sticking with NGK's. Reason being in 20+ years of building and racing engines, I have never seen an NGK failure! (not counting fouled plugs from bad jetting etc). It would be cool though if the BRISK's prove to be durable over time and provide a distinct performance advantage!

As a side note, I have tested many plugs back to back on a dyno and all the premium brand plugs provide the same performance. In short, there is usually not a gain to be had thru changing plug brands. The reliability of NGK is why I use them
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

5. Banned
    WHATS THE PART # FOR THE PLUGS YOU ORDERD???

6. Member
    I'm listening !

The plugs came in and I am wanting to go run, but I'm having trouble obtaining a proper torque spec. Yamaha states 20.7ft/lbs in the manual. I'm trying to contact Magnum Tuning, which is the online store that I bought these plugs from, to try to get a plain english answer. A spec sheet came with the plugs, with 14 different specs, depending on thread depths in mm and cylinder head metallurgy. JR, the part number is BRISK EOR15LGS PREMIUM 3143

8. Member
    subscribed!

I recieved a reply with a torque spec "range" of 18.0~21.6ft/lbs. I set the torque wrench at 20.7ft/lbs, just because that was in the Yamaha manual for oem plugs and it falls in the set range. I'll be off work again Friday thru Monday, so whenever weather permits, I'll report back on my results.

10. Member
    Best of luck but I learned my lesson long ago with high dollar spark plugs when running 2 stroke dirt bikes. The claims made companies like Splitfire seemed like a no brainer but there was zero gain and most actually fouled easier compared to standard NGK's. I put a new set of NGK's in my 150 SHO last season just for the heck of it during my spring maintenance, set gap and noticed zero difference in running compared to the originals - 4 strokes are not going to see much benefit from a plug change IMO but it would be nice if you could prove me wrong. If you wanted to go crazy you could try indexing them.

Made it out, but nothing spectacular to report. I never had any issues before with starting, idling, hole shot, or acceleration. Boat did well as always. Where I MAY have noticed something, just MAY, was my acceleration from 5400rpm to 6200rpm and beyond. It all may just be in my head too. I had my fishing prop on which I usually have on for 2 people and a decent load. I was by myself. That on top of the drop in temperature may have more to do with it than the plugs. I guess time will tell if they hold up for hours claimed by the manufacturer. I start a turnaround tomorrow, so won't be taking the boat out again at least for 40 days. Unless I get 300hours or more from these plugs, I'd stick with NGKs. Final answer