Thread: Pricing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pricing.

I won't be ready to pop on a new boat for a couple years, but when I do most likely I will look at Charger. Unless some good deal on another boat falls in my lap. I was curious where does a charger 596, 797, and 210 fall when it comes to comparing pricing among the three. Say each is equipped the same. A 250 Yamaha or Suzuki, 36 volt troller. And 2 9 lowrance units. Standard features. Otherwise. I know it's kinda hard to estimate, but I was just trying to get a feel for what I would be spending. Thanks!

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    50 plus starting and on up to 70 loaded. They are all the same size basically and take about the same amount of material to build.The best deal charger had going was the396 with a 225 for 39,999 .

3. Member
    That is a good deal. I like a near 21 though. Thanks TOC.

4. Banned
    The way prices have been going add $10k if you're gonna wait a few years.

5. Member
    Probably true for sure.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    396 with a 225 for 39,999 .
    I am guessing you could throw the 496 in with the 210 pricing since they are about the same size. Let's hope that the 198 CX comes in about that same price as the 396 with a 225 since it is about the same amount of material as well.
    Last edited by Sports1; 04-14-2017 at 01:30 PM.

7. Member
    From my understanding that was a promonational price 2 years ago for the 396.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    The way prices have been going add $10k if you're gonna wait a few years.
    my reasoning for financing my boat , it will be 9,871$ in interest but each year they seem to be up 1500-2000 , so i get my goodies now for the same price

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    my reasoning for financing my boat , it will be 9,871$ in interest but each year they seem to be up 1500-2000 , so i get my goodies now for the same price
    2 ways to look at it ,buy used cheap and pay cash than take a chance of spending money on it each month or just take a loan out and get a new one with a warranty .I don't see a problem with financing. A rich man told me once its easier to keep the money in the bank than trying to save it again.

10. Member
    If you don't mind paying the interest.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    If you don't mind paying the interest.
    Exactly. Personally, it makes me sick at the thought of paying the interest. I was lucky enough to have a Grandfather that lived through the Depression and was CONSTANTLY drilling it into my head---Debt is the Mother of all Evil. Avoid it at all cost. Save your money until you can buy it CASH. I miss Him every day.

12. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 05-30-2017 at 11:53 AM.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Heck boat interest ain't shit, look at the housing interest over 20-30 years

14. Banned
    Not quite so killer if you can get at least half down, but damn, the way the price increases I couldn't ever catch up to their increases. Health insurance increase, property taxes increase, car insurance increase, cost of food increase, etc... blah... means I went into the wrong line of work. Sure hope these 198's come out to be affordable.

15. Member
    As cost of living rises, we may be lucky enough to get raises to just keep up. But for most of us that doesn't happen.

16. Member
    As cost of living rises, we may be lucky enough to get raises to just keep up. But for most of us that doesn't happen.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Exactly. Personally, it makes me sick at the thought of paying the interest. I was lucky enough to have a Grandfather that lived through the Depression and was CONSTANTLY drilling it into my head---Debt is the Mother of all Evil. Avoid it at all cost. Save your money until you can buy it CASH. I miss Him every day.
    Then when you are 80, you can enjoy your boat. I financed 39K on my last boat and paid it off in just under 3 years. I got in a lot of fishing in those three years where I otherwise would have been sitting on my couch wishing I was fishing.

18. Member
    To be honest, first bass boat I bought in 1990 (basscat pantera) I did borrow money for. And yes my grandfather was not happy with me. But, I was freshly divorced and ready to start living the good life. I worked every minute of overtime I could get and paid it off in 2 years. The bank was not happy but my grandfather and I were real happy.

19. Member
    Honestly it depends on what interest you are paying. Sometimes it's better to hold your money if you're making more on it than what the interest on the loan is. Say it's 2.9 but you are getting a 7% return on investments. You can come out better by paying some down and holding your money to put more into the pot thats making that 7%. Not always true but something to look at when buying things.

20. Member
    You also bypass finance charges when you pay cash.
    Last edited by Sports1; 06-08-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast