Xi5 Stopped Working after NMEA 2k hookup

Hi all,
    I'm new to the site, hope someone can help me out. I've had a new xi5 trolling motor since January, it has been hooked up and working properly for about a month but hasn't seen water yet. Yesterday I followed the steps to install the gateway system and nmea connection between my Elite 7 TI and xi5. I was never prompted to update anything once everything was back on and at some point between restart of everything and me going into check for updates the trolling motor started showing red for battery life and the gps stopped working.
    I've tried checking all connections, charging/checking batteries, multi metered connections, and even bypassed the plugs for a direct connect and still shows this. I've read some people having similar issues and it being an update or board problem with the trolling motor. Both my remote and foot pedal no longer work, I tried going into the 7 TI and using the autopilot and that didn't work either.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Member
    I've had that same indication on my Xi5. Red battery light and no GPS. Mine turned out to be the control board. Make sure you don't charge the batteries while the Xi5 is connected to them. That can knock out your control board. Make sure the motor is deployed and reboot the Xi5 and Elite 7 and see if that helps. I think you also may need to reboot your nmea cable that your Pin Point Gateway adapter is connected to. I think there is a sequence of doing this rebooting. Check the installation manual for your Pin Point Gateway adapter.
    Last edited by texasfisher; 04-14-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5