Thread: ? For Don

? For Don

Ser# 2B018883 250 Pro XS..I have read posts where you have explained about the slight split second rpm change when shifting from forward back to neutral and my engine does that..but my question is whenever i come off plane and start easing off the foot throttle right before it returns to full idle postion i get that same very small rpm change that resembles the shift rpm change..i read where you talked about the throttle plate closing, could what i am hearing be the throttle plate closing or about to close? It is very small rpm change that is identical in sound compared to the rpm shift change..i wouldnt at all call it a miss but it is something you can hear..engine has 100hrs on it and runs great..thank you sir..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

2. Member
    If anybody is hearing what i am describing with their engines i would appreciate any feedback..thanks..i figure Don will be along afterwhile..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

3. Member
    I have heard a 2007 225 regular optimax that does it and even more pronounced than mine, but i have also heard a 2005 250xs racing optimax than doesnt seem to do it at all..may be normal and may not be..i could be putting way too much thought into this cause my engine runs great..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

4. Member
    Anybody?????
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

5. Member
    Its nothing to worry about. The motor is just adjusting to the TPS position.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Its nothing to worry about. The motor is just adjusting to the TPS position.
    It has probably always done it, but i guess i havent really ever paid attention to it before..thanks Savage..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sorry- been sick.

Quite common- the PCM is switching MAP tables from a running table to the "idle strategy". Different calibrations may be more (or less) pronounced in this area (very little effort is invested in the "off idle to 1000 RPM range").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Sorry- been sick.

Quite common- the PCM is switching MAP tables from a running table to the "idle strategy". Different calibrations may be more (or less) pronounced in this area (very little effort is invested in the "off idle to 1000 RPM range").
    Thanks Don..I hope that you are on the road to recovery..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..