Need advice on buying 1999 519 DVS

I am in the process of buying a 1999 Ranger 519DVS and would like to know how much it is worth.

1999 Ranger 519 with a 225hp Mercury motor with 4 blade prop. Has a brand-new 2017 Z series trailer, with breakaway tongue. Has three Hummingbird graphs helix 10 at At steering wheel, helix 9 up front on ram mount and a 798 built in to dash up front. Has minn Kota trolling motor. Will either be a 112 or 101 thrust. Has brand new Kenwood cd/Bluetooth stereo with two speakers built in under councils. Brand new motor cover. I have a cover for the boat it's nothing special has one hole in it where the ram mount poked threw, easy fix if you can sew. Boat runs great never had any problems with it. Never been ran hard. The motor has 325 hours on it.

Is $16,900 enough or too much????

2. Member
    That sounds a little high at first, but keep in mind that the trailer is ~ $8000.00 My My son has that same boat, and he had to get a new trailer back in 14' It was right at $8,000. The new trailer really adds a lot. Back in that era they used COOL hubs, and they were real prone to leaking and failure. We fought them constantly. With the '17 trailer you get lifetime hubs - that's a big deal. As far as the boat goes - it is a good one. Rides great. If set-up right will run 70 all day. The front deck is a little small by today's standards, but not too bad. Not sure if the motor is an EFI or one of the original Opti's. If it's an EFI, they are darned near bullet proof. Thirsty, but bullet proof. And very strong. Original Opti's had some problems, but by now they have been sorted out if the boat has been used any.

That era of boats has some that had some separation problems in the transom. Check it by bouncing on the motor. The entire boat should move, not the transom. I know of 3, including my sons that were not original owners that Ranger fixed for free. You do have to take it to them though, and it will be ~ 4 weeks. We got his back and it's stronger than ever, and you can not tell it was ever worked on. If it is moving, back off on your offer, because you will have the time and expense of a trip to Flippin. If it's in your budget, you'll really enjoy it. Try to get it for 15K, and if they don't respond, you can always go up with your offer.
    Bryan O' Z521-250ProXS V8
    Total Recreation Products Inc.
    Commercial Park and Playground Equipment
    totalrecreation.net

3. Member
    Check to make sure the deck lids aren't soft...
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

4. Member
    I have one and my deck lids are soft, how do you fix that? Love the boat though. Mine is a 21.5' dvx 1999 anniversary edition with a 225 yamaha vmax on it.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RC Artist View Post
    I have one and my deck lids are soft, how do you fix that? Love the boat though. Mine is a 21.5' dvx 1999 anniversary edition with a 225 yamaha vmax on it.
    Jeff
    You fix it by buying new lids from Ranger. They are going to be a little north of $100 each but are revised design and will never get soft again.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

6. Member
    Wow thanks. Hopefully they still make them. I want to replace my accent pieces around my switches, dash, under the glove box and in the front where the trim switch on the deck is and they don't make them any more. There is a few things I have to do to my boat to make it look brand new again because the previous owner decided to "customize it".
    Jeff

7. Member
    I have a 1999 519 dvs same as the one you described

it did not have the hummingbird you described but I kept my helix 9 DI, Helix 7 SI and Helix x 10 SI off my old boat

i paid $14K for mine and was happy to get it!

you will love the ride, room, storage and fish ability