Barren conditions?

Taking a buddy fun fishing tomorrow on Barren. How has the water looked this week. Clear? Warming? Is the whole lake accessible at this level? Thanks guys.

2. Member
    Clarity is 2-3 ft and of course warming... 66 this past weekend, should easily be in the 70s by now. Almost all of the lake is accessible in some capacity.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

I heard bass were bedding already on Barren and Nolin. I was surprised to hear that but may be inaccurate. All bass don't bed at the same time but it does make it tougher. I'm taking my boat out tomorrow but haven't decided which yet.

4. Member
    Fished Wednesday & Thursday. H2o was 65-68. Colder at head of creeks, must have been cold rain. We didn't find any beds. Fish were on the 1st couple of points as you enter the creeks. Crank baitswere king.

Caught a couple nice ones early then nuttin. No wind and hot during the day Friday. Made it tough. Seem to be a shad spawn and I have never seen so many Gar and Carp. Fishing can sure be tough when fish are spawning.

Saturday caught several on shaky head 4 inch trick worm and caught crappie on crankbait. Water temp varied different around lake from 66 to 70 at one shallow flat I was on but for the most part average 67.