Charcoal Canister had gas in it.

I've been having an issue with my fuel system causing a vacuum. I took the charcoal canister off and it had gas in it. I poured the gas out. Is the canister still good or do i need to order a new one. I still had the vacuum issue on the next trip out. If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

thanks
    Torrey Aiken

Check vent lines for sags in them, I had fuel in them and had problem fueling. Cut a few inches off and took the sags out. Will see if that did the trick, fueled once since and no issue.
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter03 View Post
    Check vent lines for sags in them, I had fuel in them and had problem fueling. Cut a few inches off and took the sags out. Will see if that did the trick, fueled once since and no issue.
    That's the thing, i have no problem filling the tank. I guess I'll have to get back in there and check the lines
    Torrey Aiken

4. Member
    My issue is when the fuel is being pumped into the engine, it's not venting properly. My bulb is collapsing and when i open my gas cap you can hear air rush in.
    Torrey Aiken

5. Member
    there's a float valve in the fuel system that is sticking causing this , valve is to keep gas from coming out if the boat sinks or flips over I had same problem and needed to take to my dealer to fix . good luck

6. Member
    Some guys are removing the canister and splicing the vent hose where the canister was located. Only difference is that now you can faintly smell gas in the garage.

7. Member
    Its called in anti siphon valve.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    there's a float valve in the fuel system that is sticking causing this , valve is to keep gas from coming out if the boat sinks or flips over I had same problem and needed to take to my dealer to fix . good luck
    Its called in anti-siphon valve. It is located on the fuel tank where the main fuel line is connected. It is a one way check ball that can stick.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Its called in anti-siphon valve. It is located on the fuel tank where the main fuel line is connected. It is a one way check ball that can stick.
    Is the valve located on the fill tube at the tank or the fuel line going from the tank to the engine.
    Torrey Aiken

10. Member
    Fuel line going to engine.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Fuel line going to engine.
    Roger thanks.
    Torrey Aiken

12. Member
    Thanks guys couldn't remember the name of that anti - siphon valve at the time .