Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    I hear the same thing. Have a x19 coming soon and just wondered how big a deal it will be to get used to. I love to fish out in the wind
    My X19 gets blown around about the same as my ZX Skeeter did while fishing ........ and both of those boats were worse than both of my Rangers (391 and 518, with the 518 being the best). All 4 boats were 19'. With that said, if you're accustomed to running a foot control trolling motor without even looking at it .... it's just second nature while fishing in the wind and only majorly noticeable when you have to come off the bow (unhook a fish, change lures, etc) as you'll be blown off your spot. Just make sure you got plenty of trolling motor and plenty of battery for the conditions you fish. I run a 80lb Maxxum and just recently replaced my Group 27's with Group 31's.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itismemc View Post
    I haven't noticed it much and haven't run out of battery fishing offshore.
    I think it's just something glass people say to make them feel better about spending twice as much.
    i had a 98 H-56 & the only reason I don't still own it is that it blew around in the wind. I'm back in glass now & couldn't be happier about it. If wind hadn't blew the backend around I would still own it. It was a good & very tough boat for sure, but that was it's only downfall in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12