Bass Boat Versatility

What else do y'all do with your bassboats?

i bought my G3 Bay boat to also striper and catfish but have done 98% bass fishing and have started some tournament fishining.

I always hated bass boats due to due to lack of versatility but now I got the bug for one.

For starters i figure they crappie fish really well.

Bay boat is hard to beat for striper and catfish. My buddy had a big 20ft aluminum boat that was a CC and we bass fished,catfished,and crappie fished out of it. It wasnt quite as deep as a bay boat but was deeper than a bass boat. I beach my bass boat and catfish out of it. I also striper fish. I added SS grab rails and mounted a rod holder.I put a rod in it for catfish or striper fishing. If you mostly bass fish then a bass boat will work fine. And if you decide to do other types of fishing some rod holders and so forth can be added easily. Just think before you drill to add those. LOL.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I duck hunted out of mine this past winter.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We crappie fish catfish whitebass ski tube you name it.Its about the useless boat on the water , it is the most functional for its purpose.Pontoon I could do everything and be more comfortable it truthfully.

5. Member
    I bought a boat like yours for the same reason. It works for bass fishing, and I get to take it trips to the coast for some reds and specks. It's easier to use a bay boat for bass fishing than it is a bass boat for bay fishing.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

Bass, Crappie, Catfish, Striper... I will take my Xpress to fish for intercoastal fish one day. Its nothing a little soap and water cant take care of.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

7. Member
    Ya, maybe I should hang on to it for a bit longer

I use mine to pull grandkids on a tube sometimes.

9. Member
    I've trolled for salmon in mine. Made some rodholders for the seat posts that anchored on a cleat, and used the TM to drive and steer. Could idle with the big motor and steer from up front too.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    bay boats are the way to go if you are doing all sorts of fishing. Only bad thing is they are bigger and more expensive to use, but they sure pay for themselves when you're riding comfortable while passing bass boats when the lake is choppy or busting through 3-4' chop while running 45+mph from storms offshore. One thing that's kind of tough is they sit much higher off the water, so when trying to flip docks or trees, its tough. But they draft nearly the same.

Only bass fishing. My best friend has a aluminium boat.
    We saltwater fish or anything else out of his boat.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

12. Member
    We have a Z520CI Ranger Intracoastal and we fish freshwater, brackish water and saltwater. No carpet, all aluminum trailer, tinned wiring and trim tabs. It's not an ocean boat, but it works just as good for trout, stripers, reds and flounder as it does for bass.
    Had a 2007 Ranger Bay 2000 and loved it, but wanted a little more speed to avoid thunderstorms and more storrage. Just installed a Carver Bimini Top on the Intracoastal and we can remove it in 30 seconds.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

I drive fast in mine, bass fish and take it to the Glenn and hang out for the day.

My bass boat boat fits the 3 members of my family.

I almost sold it and bought a bay boat. I like the speed, I like bass fishing and I figured I am not buying a boat to support a bunch of people that won't spend there own money on a boat.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

14. Member
    I guide crappie fishermen exclusively with my Ranger "bass" boat. Wouldn't have anything BUT a bassboat for what we do.

Bass musky and walleye fishing. And can't say it isn't a leisure boat for me some days. Having a boat that pushes 75 is insane and all my friends have really enjoyed a ride.