Thread: Hot foot

Hot foot

I have a 2014 Z7 with a 150 Mercury. I'm fixing to get a hot foot installed. Do they come with everything you need or is there a special cable to buy?

2. Member
    A longer cable is usually needed.

3. Member
    Get a new cable about 3-4' longer than you have now,depending on how long the old one is. Disconnect the old one from the engine and leave it rolled,up in the bilge. No need to remove it from the shifter and the next owner might prefer a shifter throttle.

4. Member
    Question on a hot foot with the adjustable plate. If you elect to move the pedal to a different thumb screw hole, do you then have to make any adjustments to any of the cable holding mechanisms? Wasn't sure if a pedal move requires an adjustment elsewhere to prevent high idle acceleration. Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swimrunbiker View Post
    Question on a hot foot with the adjustable plate. If you elect to move the pedal to a different thumb screw hole, do you then have to make any adjustments to any of the cable holding mechanisms? Wasn't sure if a pedal move requires an adjustment elsewhere to prevent high idle acceleration. Thanks
    No.

6. Member
    They don't automatically come with the slide plate either. (Unless that's what you bought.)

Mine would adjust from right in front of the seat, to well down in the foot well. Didn't have the slide plate when I bought the boat, does now.

And NO it doesn't change the pedal when you move the hot foot. What you DO want to do though is pull your cowling, then have someone work the pedal and watch your throttle linkage. Mine wasn't going but maybe, MAYBE 90% since the boat was new. (I didn't buy it new, but the guy that did had NEVER seen WOT. All that and it was ordered through, and everything installed at BPS in Memphis.)

BTW... I fixed that throttle linkage before our last outing and it was like having a new motor!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 250 Opti w/SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12"

NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Wireless Lighting Controller
    Carbon 12's & 9 on Precision Sonar mounts and A/T.
    GHOST w/3-in-1 & 360.
    Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave