Updating Charts for 73SV

I just want to understand this correctly. My unit came prepackaged with 2015 Lake Vu HD charts. From what I've read, the newest update will be available May 3rd. is this correct?

Also I read that with the update i will now have to keep the card in this unit at all times (due to memory issues)? So will I still be able to use Quckdraw with that card in the unit or will I have to put a new card in for Quick Draw and swap them back and forth?

Regarding 2017 mapping availability, updated LakeVu and BlueChart accessory cards will be available for purchase March 15. Cards to update the preloaded, built-in mapping won't be available until May 3.

However, note that for 2015-2016 echoMAP units preloaded with LakeVu HD, this 2017 preloaded mapping update is too large to fit in the echoMAP memory. Users will have to keep the mapping card in the unit to view 2017 mapping, as well as any future mapping updates.

The new echoMAPs coming out of the factory after May 3 will already include the 2017 preloaded mapping, and will have enough internal memory to allow for the preloaded mapping update in 2018 and beyond.

If users attempt a built-in map update to 2015 or older mapping prior to the May 3 availability of the 2017 mapping, users will also have to keep the 2016 update card in the unit (data will not permanently transfer to unit memory), just as I described above for the 2017 mapping update and any additional years.

Quote Originally Posted by DTro View Post
    I just want to understand this correctly. My unit came prepackaged with 2015 Lake Vu HD charts. From what I've read, the newest update will be available May 3rd. is this correct?

Also I read that with the update i will now have to keep the card in this unit at all times (due to memory issues)? So will I still be able to use Quckdraw with that card in the unit or will I have to put a new card in for Quick Draw and swap them back and forth?

Regarding 2017 mapping availability, updated LakeVu and BlueChart accessory cards will be available for purchase March 15. Cards to update the preloaded, built-in mapping won't be available until May 3.

However, note that for 2015-2016 echoMAP units preloaded with LakeVu HD, this 2017 preloaded mapping update is too large to fit in the echoMAP memory. Users will have to keep the mapping card in the unit to view 2017 mapping, as well as any future mapping updates.

The new echoMAPs coming out of the factory after May 3 will already include the 2017 preloaded mapping, and will have enough internal memory to allow for the preloaded mapping update in 2018 and beyond.

If users attempt a built-in map update to 2015 or older mapping prior to the May 3 availability of the 2017 mapping, users will also have to keep the 2016 update card in the unit (data will not permanently transfer to unit memory), just as I described above for the 2017 mapping update and any additional years.

In the same boat... so yeah bad news can't update internal maps so your updated map card must be in the unit at all times. Good news is that when you download the map update, you can deploy the update to any card you want so use a 32GB card and you can also use the same card for quickdraw, exporting user data etc.

3. Member
    Thanks, that helps a lot. Not too concerned about keeping a card in there but would kind of suck switching back and forth just to use the Quickdraw feature.

Hopefully there is no change in performance reading from a card vs internal (speed, refresh rate, etc).

4. Member
    I love quick draw. It's a must have for me now.
    1999 pro craft 200 super pro 200hp Mercury EFI 25p trophy plus, worked by mark. large vents. 25 gallon gas one full live well two guys and gear wot 66.2 5900 rpm

5. Member
    what does the update consist of and how large of a file is the new map software?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by memps026 View Post
    what does the update consist of and how large of a file is the new map software?
    Jumping on this thread as well. Want to pick up two new micro SD cards to leave in my units if that's the case. Would a 32GB be overkill?
    1994 Ranger 482VS Bass Masters Classic Edition #51

7. Member
    So those of us with Echo units will have to buy a Lake Vu card?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    So those of us with Echo units will have to buy a Lake Vu card?
    You don't have to buy the actual LakeVu card, just need to buy a micro sd card to put the new map update on and you have to leave the card in the units. The new map update is too large to fit onto the internal memory. You can pick up a 32GB micro sd card on Amazon for like $12-$20 usually.
    1994 Ranger 482VS Bass Masters Classic Edition #51

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppic View Post
    You don't have to buy the actual LakeVu card, just need to buy a micro sd card to put the new map update on and you have to leave the card in the units. The new map update is too large to fit onto the internal memory. You can pick up a 32GB micro sd card on Amazon for like $12-$20 usually.
    HUH? Did not know you had to leave card in slot. Someone else chime in please. May be why mine is freezing up.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

Quote Originally Posted by DTro View Post
    Thanks, that helps a lot. Not too concerned about keeping a card in there but would kind of suck switching back and forth just to use the Quickdraw feature.

Hopefully there is no change in performance reading from a card vs internal (speed, refresh rate, etc).
    I didn't see a difference at all so far :)

Quote Originally Posted by Seppic View Post
    Jumping on this thread as well. Want to pick up two new micro SD cards to leave in my units if that's the case. Would a 32GB be overkill?
    For the price of a 32GB card, why bother getting smaller "just in case"? I've seen them for $10 a piece.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    HUH? Did not know you had to leave card in slot. Someone else chime in please. May be why mine is freezing up.
    Yes you have to leave the card in the slot to use the updated maps. Straight from the horse's mouth as they say:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post8179150

Dan