Another Jackplate Question.

Didn't want to hijack the other thread. I am considering getting a hydraulic jackplate for my 198p. Not so much for performance (boat runs out fine), but for a couple convenience concerns.
    What I would like to know is do you take off with it completely down, and adjust once on plane, or find the setting and leave it there and just use trim for holeshot and adjust trim for plane and ride?
    I have never had one before or been around any in use. I know to watch water pressure. Just don't know anything about the proper use of one. And before someone brings up the issue of warranty, Ranger boats has approved the installation by an authorized dealer, and yes, I have that in writing.

2. Member
    Hole shot is better (for the most part) with your engine raised a little. I take in the middle range of the plate. I lower it for really rough water and just adjust as needed for the best performance. I raise it all the way for loading or idling thru shallows or stump fields.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    You can set it where the boat runs best and leave it if you want raising it in shallow water and running with it down a little in rough stuff. You don't have to raise or lower it to take off on most boats but you may on your boat so you'll need to play with it after you get it to see where it runs and takes off the best.