Thread: Mapping Options

Mapping Options

So, probably a dumb question and I should already know the answer, but is mapping software/sd cards limited just to Garmin? My units came preloaded with Lake Vue HD, but first time on a lake with the new units and all I had was an outline, no other info. Just curious if there is anything else out there...

Thanks

2. Member
    Just depends on the lake, whether you have LakeVu HD or LakeVu HD Ultra
    http://lakes.garmin.com/

Then there is the spring update coming soon with new lakes.
    https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/fi...-2017-release/

Good reading here:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=794856
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    If the lakes are on the current interactive map and list "shoreline only" is there a chance they will be included in the update to at least get some depth shading and contours?

LWINCHESTER2, how am I gonna fish James with an outline map only?

4. Banned
    yeah, the map coverage here in NC sucks, to say the least. Nothing has contours on the Yadkin chain, yet Twitty has HD contours. Really, WTF Garmin.

I suppose your worried about the BFL regional on James? I know I am.

5. Member
    With your fingers crossed
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    yeah, the map coverage here in NC sucks, to say the least. Nothing has contours on the Yadkin chain, yet Twitty has HD contours. Really, WTF Garmin.

I suppose your worried about the BFL regional on James? I know I am.
    Hey Dave, I was actually referring to Lake James, we have a small cabin up there and I could really use some detailed mapping to help find those smallies. And your right, nothing for the Yadkin chain, really sucks...

7. Member
    Quickdraw??? couldn't you create your own while fishing?

8. Member
    how do you do a QD map without a shoreline like the hb zero line card

9. Banned
    Other option would be to use Navionics on your PC, combined with homeport, and mark your "likely" waypoints before even hitting the water. That's what I do regardless. Then you can QD those spots once on the water.

10. Member
    Hello Brad,

I will be happy to help. We do not have a list of lakes that will be updated or added. Once the update is released, you can check a website called lakes.garmin.com. You can search for any lake and it will show if coverage is available.

That's the response from Garmin when I asked about the update. I'll wait and hope for the best, but if there is no improvement for the NC lakes I'm pulling the Garmins and going back to Lowrance...I could kick myself for not doing my research before buying