Thread: ?????????????

eddrunner@bellsouth.net

?????????????

What is the difference between Keelshield and Keelguard. If so which is best ? Thanks

2. Member
    Keelshield is thinner and you can install it,Keelguard is thicker and must be installed by a professional.Someone correct me if inaccurate.

3. Member
    They both are about 3/16 inch thick, Hambys is 5/8 inch thick. Hambys Beaching Bumper is dealer installed only. Hambys lite is a DIY product and is 5/16 inch thick in the impact area.
    Give me a call if I can help.
    Last edited by Roger Sutterfield; 04-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Hamby's lite is 5/8" thick correct Roger?

5. Member
    No my Bad. The Light is 5/16 inch thick. My wife tells me I shouldn't type anything before 9:00 am. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Sutterfield View Post
    No my Bad. The Light is 5/16 inch thick. My wife tells me I shouldn't type anything before 9:00 am. :)
    Don't worry, 7/5ths of people don't understand fractions anyhows......

Been hearing/reading about people using a 'bedliner' like spray on that is standing up to the job. One guy has had his done and on for 4 years and he said it still looks great. Just another option that I see becoming very popular due to the pricing of the others, just my opinion.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

7. Banned
    I bought one of the two brands and it has peeled where the chims come up to the front of the boat. If it helps it was the company that offered it in the color "sand". They were super nice people when I ordered it. I had the bottom of the boat redone and the fiberglass guy installed it per directions. I don't know how you could take a piece of plastic and wrap it around a defined ridge and make it stick. It peeled back as soon as he tried to roll it over the chim, this was 6 months ago or so. Everywhere else it has adhered fine , but that 3-4inch area has a noticeable gap. Its on a 2100 Gambler.

so your saying that the thickness of the beaching bumper is 4/4ths of its original thickness?
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post

so your saying that the thickness of the beaching bumper is 4/4ths of its original thickness?
    yes and it cost a dollar two ninety eight!
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex