Banned

Legend alpha 199 trolling and cranking battery

Hey guys. Whats the biggest trolling batteries that will fit in the alpha 199? Also what is the biggest size battery that will fit for the cranking battery? Using a Minnkota PC 460 and a Minnkota 101 us2 fortrex. Soon to switch to a 112 fortrex or ultrex.

2. Member
    I use 3 group 29 trolling batteries and a group 31 cranking battery in my 199. The 31 and 29 are the same size. Might have get a bigger battery tray to put the Group 31 in as a cranking battery though.

i use the same (27s not 29s thoough). 31s will fit in my TM trays. the 31 is tight but fits for the cranking. If you run a merc, you need an AGM 31 anyway.

4. Banned
    I'm running an e tec. The person who has the boat before me had 24s on the trolling side. I just changed to 29s and they were a pita to get them in. The person who had the boat before me also had a noco charger that was only working 1 bank. The other 3 were bad. I just ordered a Minnkota pc 460. Should have it today. I just bought the boat two weeks ago. It's a great boat so far. I come from the offshore side of things so I'm definitely getting used to driving a bass boat up on pad. Wow what a different driving experience.

5. Member
    learn to ride the crests :D

6. Banned
    Any tips on getting out of the whole a little quicker then I have more weight on the back of the boat ? When I'm by myself my jack plate is set on 5 and I jump out of the whole. When I have more weight it didn't like the jackplate all the way up. It liked it halfway. My Jackplate is 6in