N E Texas Fishing Update

As anyone in N E Texas will tell you the wind has been howling for the better part of the past few weeks. A good day has just been out of the question. I decided this morning was going to be the best day as far as winds, so I got everything ready last night. And the sky was threatening rain then. The local weather was calling for possible storms late, but a smaller chance of rain for this morning. As luck would have it it was sprinkling when I hooked the boat up. But the radar looked bad. Green and yellows everywhere on the map.

At the ramp it was pouring. I brought rain gear, so i splashed the boat and went for it. After the light got better I realized the area above the lake must have received some 4 to 5 inches of rain. All the water was the worst chocolate milk looking water I had seen in a long time. Raining (pouring) and dirty water, what more could you ask for. A true challenge.

To make this short, the CHERRY picked me today. Caught 10 bass in about 1.5 hrs. Best was about 5 lbs. One was on a spinner bait. Lost one BIG girl on a buzzbait. The rest ...... yep, on a hollow bodied frog.

Here is the best of them.

They were inhaling the frog

Better Luck Next Time !!!!!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Very nice Jeff ...

3. Member
    Dam Jeff u killing me nice fish

4. Member