Thread: Nitro Pricing

Nitro Pricing

Are the prices on Nitros what it is or is there wiggle room to be had?

Looking at a Z19

2. Member
    At BPS you don't stand a chance. At other dealers things can be worked on
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    At BPS you don't stand a chance. At other dealers things can be worked on
    This!!
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

Any factory installed options and or boat your stuck but dealer installed options like fish finders are much cheaper I do believe as long as your not at long BPS.

Everything is negotiable if they want to sell a boat bad enough.

6. Member
    The prices as far as I know are going to be close cause that's why Tracker does the prices online to stop the bidding war between dealers. As far Bps they are their own world and I would never deal with them on a boat sell. They tried to do one over on my cousin and he went some where else got half the interest rate and 1000 cheap. I can tell you my z19 was 40k out the door but no graphs. Did get them tandem trailer, padded carpet,hot foot ,trim on the wheel,keel guard,bigger battery's.

7. Member
    Whatever the price is online is the price of the boat regardless. Unless the boat is a prior year closeout the price has to be the same. BPS or otherwise. After that, an independent dealer can be creative. BPS will also charge a documentation fee and possibly other fees depending on location. BPS isn't flexible on accessories and labor either. Buying from an independent will save you money.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    The prices as far as I know are going to be close cause that's why Tracker does the prices online to stop the bidding war between dealers. As far Bps they are their own world and I would never deal with them on a boat sell. They tried to do one over on my cousin and he went some where else got half the interest rate and 1000 cheap. I can tell you my z19 was 40k out the door but no graphs. Did get them tandem trailer, padded carpet,hot foot ,trim on the wheel,keel guard,bigger battery's.
    I've been in contact with a local dealer and they said the same thing, once the newest year comes out then they can wheel and deal on the previous years. Has anyone had any experience with this, are we talking saving hundreds or thousands?

9. Member
    All pricing is determined by Corporate. No if ands or buts. This is company policy.
    Grand Pointe Marina Pro-Staff
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro Package
    250 PRO XS Mercury 4 Stroke
    Precision Sonar
    Nitro Boats

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Everything is negotiable if they want to sell a boat bad enough.
    I'm not sure that's true for new Nitros.

11. Member
    Current year models are one price. Non-current is negotiable. Independents can price at their discretion on any past year model. BPS has to follow a mark down plan or get approval from corporate.

12. Member
    If you want a bargain on a boat or any kind of vehicle the price drops way down on what is in stock only starting in November and ending the last day of December. Most dealers want the inventory as low as possible come January 1 each year.

I purchased my 15 Z6 in beginning of October in 15. It was $1000 off.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

My 2015 in 2015 was x $$$ I had the dealer swap the 8' blade for a ten for 100$ and add a second 10' for 1900. The dealer installed options are negotiable. If you build a boat a 12" lowrance is what 4000$. 800$ to install??? Not likely.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    All pricing is determined by Corporate. No if ands or buts. This is company policy.
    This. When buying from a corporation the prices are set by management. When I worked at gander MTN I constantly had customers come in trying to offer lower prices on everything from electronics to socks. It's a retail store not a garage sale, corporation stores won't lower prices just because you think you're entitled to it by stepping in the store and demanding a lower price, that's how you get turned away real fast.

If you're looking for deals, buy previous year models at local Marina's or local dealers. They are willing to accommodate a little bit but don't expect them to reduce the already reduced price by thousands

The prices from tracker boating center are negotiable for everything they install! No way will they charge 1000$ to mount a fish finder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    I purchased my Z18 in March 2016. New model boat, early in year, not much discount. Included tandam axle trailer, 175 ProXS, 8 inch slidemaster jack plate, Helix 9SI and 7DI, remote oil well, 3 bank charger. I did get a $500 BPS card...Boat buckles and T-BAR Transom saver. Little over 37k out the door...taxes included...Taxes!!! Largest upgrades were the 175 and tandam trailer. $1500 for graphs...Wondering if I shouldve got the Minnkota Fourtrex or not for $700 more...but the 70lb maxxum does fine so far. Dont like the power difference between the 4 and 5 setting. Way too much. Goes through grass good though. Try getting the 29 series Interstate batteries..24 are done after a year. Pricing is different with people because of the time you buy, what options you get and are important to you, and most important your CREDIT! keep it in the 700s and the interest rate may be lower with the credit unions which also makes a difference! By the way..I love this boat! Handles rough water without a problem! Been on Fork with 30-40 mph winds and fished!

18. Banned
    Last time I was in the Pyramid Bass Pro Shop, I find the pricing on the boats very high. I'd kind of relate the to one of the big slam and jam national auto dealership chains.

Bass Pro Shops offers a teaser price only they're with an engine that's really inadequate to push the boat. Then they add very expensive delivery charges and dealer prep charges. And then they hit you with documentary fees (straight profit).

By the time you get out of there, you feel wrung out. I prefer a straight forward deal on a boat. My last new boat in 2010 was $39K, but the comparable Tracker model was $42K. I don't like to play "would you" games when I make any major asset purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Last time I was in the Pyramid Bass Pro Shop, I find the pricing on the boats very high. I'd kind of relate the to one of the big slam and jam national auto dealership chains.

Bass Pro Shops offers a teaser price only they're with an engine that's really inadequate to push the boat. Then they add very expensive delivery charges and dealer prep charges. And then they hit you with documentary fees (straight profit).

By the time you get out of there, you feel wrung out. I prefer a straight forward deal on a boat. My last new boat in 2010 was $39K, but the comparable Tracker model was $42K. I don't like to play "would you" games when I make any major asset purchase.
    If u buy the base boat with the HP you want, and pay for options outside of the deal its a really good deal. Although I will say Nitro has gotten alot better on option prices. Its pretty hard to beat the Pro package deal. I struggled with it even with my sponsorship discounts.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    This. When buying from a corporation the prices are set by management. When I worked at gander MTN I constantly had customers come in trying to offer lower prices on everything from electronics to socks. It's a retail store not a garage sale, corporation stores won't lower prices just because you think you're entitled to it by stepping in the store and demanding a lower price, that's how you get turned away real fast.

If you're looking for deals, buy previous year models at local Marina's or local dealers. They are willing to accommodate a little bit but don't expect them to reduce the already reduced price by thousands
    You mentioned Gander Mountain. One of the stores here is closing. Even with their current mark down on stuff they are still higher than a lot of other places on things like guns and ammo. I have to wonder if they are pricing themselves out of business. When they opened we didn't have a BPS or a Cabelas yet and it was at the peak of one of the Obama gun scares. You had a take a number just to walk up to the gun counter and talk to a guy. Back then price didn't matter. No I know I can drive a few miles down the road hit up one of our larger local guns shops. They have almost as many guns and all of them are listed below MSRP.

Sorry for the hijack.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow