Livewell drain lever

I'm sure someone has had this issue at some point.

i turned the switch to drain livewell the day and the plastic pcs that hooks to cable broke, it's a crappy design in my opinion. So everything seems fine except the little plastic arm that actually attaches to the cable itself.
    what is a good substitute to put in its place that won't break?

Install a new one after you lube the cable up real well with something thin like reel oil, graphite oil etc... You may be able to just buy a new arm, But you need to free it up or it will happen again. I believe those are TH Marine parts. Bullet will sell it I bet.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Banned
    I would just buy another valve and use it for parts. Bullet glued a threaded nipple into the valve, I wouldn't mess with what you have, just replace the arm.

It is definitely a very crappy design. They need to re-think the live well valve, and while there at it, they need to figure out how to install the drain on the very bottom of the well so it will completely drain. On mine, the nipple that the hose connects to broke off, seems it was too close to the gas tank (gas tank screws came loose (loctite should be applied to these) and worked there way out and the tank shifted hitting the hose and barb), I'm lucky the boat didn't sink! I super glued the nipple back on, then wrapped with fiberglass tape and used rod building epoxy glue to strengthen the fix (stronger than it ever was now). I then added a 45 degree offset with a new hose nipple so the hose would clear the tank edge.

My valve showed open when it was really closed ..... Fixed this as well.

4. Member
    I think I still have left over parts from mine, I'll check and if I have them you are welcome to it.

5. Member
    I had already ordered the new kit from TH marine, my intention was to just swap out the switch itself because the cable pulls in and out with ease by hand. But....... the brand new one in the pack was broke when I opened it, and it's just gonna break again if I order a new one. I think I'm going to take that little arm that screw into the back of the switch that hooks to the bent cable and have one made out of aluminum . Shouldn't break anymore after that !!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I would just buy another valve and use it for parts. Bullet glued a threaded nipple into the valve, I wouldn't mess with what you have, just replace the arm.

It is definitely a very crappy design. They need to re-think the live well valve, and while there at it, they need to figure out how to install the drain on the very bottom of the well so it will completely drain. On mine, the nipple that the hose connects to broke off, seems it was too close to the gas tank (gas tank screws came loose (loctite should be applied to these) and worked there way out and the tank shifted hitting the hose and barb), I'm lucky the boat didn't sink! I super glued the nipple back on, then wrapped with fiberglass tape and used rod building epoxy glue to strengthen the fix (stronger than it ever was now). I then added a 45 degree offset with a new hose nipple so the hose would clear the tank edge.

My valve showed open when it was really closed ..... Fixed this as well.
    I agree the open/close valve is a crappy design . I'm trying to find something that will attach to the arm that hooks to the cable so it won't break again.
    and about the water not being able to all drain out is a bummer too. I have to put towels in the bottom to get the rest of the water out .