Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    Bought my boat in TN (where they don't plate trailers) and pulled it home to CO without plates no problem. We have to license trailers here, but I have pulled it around the state without them without hassle. Only been asked at one boat ramp, showed the bill of sale and was fine. That said, when I looked for the VIN on the trailer, it was illegible, so I'm going to have fun licensing it.
    If the boat came with the trailer the manufacturer will have that VIN. For instance... my Nitro is a TrailStar, although the dealer that was cosigning it for the Estate of the guy that owned it said it was an Ozark! So when I went to register and tag it the questioned it. Even though I had a photo of the VIN plate, AND the statement from BPS that it came with the boat, (they pull the hull ID the also have the trailer VIN).

I ended up having to get a special form filled out by the local PD. (Form 22b or something.) He came out and looked at it to verify it was what I said it was, then I went back to the tag office and they gave me the tag.

So yeah... if it came with the boat you should be able to get the VIN from the manufacturer. Just a thought.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

2. Banned
    WOW.. thank God for Alabama... everything but a boat trailer is required to have a tag... even a small utility trailer used once or twice a year is SUPPOSED to have a tag... I have not had one on mine in 9 years...use it all the time.. here, its not uncommon to see all types of vehicles and trailers without tags... :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12