Painting boat wheels

Got tiered of looking at the gray factory wheels on my nitro trailer so I did a little diy paint job. Purchased some spray paint at lowes and some clear coat for a few bucks and went to work. Took a few hours for the whole job but all and all was easy and came out pretty good. Been holding up for a few months now with multiple long trips and abuse from the sun. Pretty pleased with the turn out.

2. Member
    Looks great!!! I like the 2-tone look.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    take a 1" foam brush and "chrome" paint and jack up trailer ..spin wheel and paint lip of wheel....will look good with your hubcap

4. Member
    Thanks! Ya that's a pretty good idea jcyoung517....may look into that!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcyoung517 View Post
    take a 1" foam brush and "chrome" paint and jack up trailer ..spin wheel and paint lip of wheel....will look good with your hubcap
    ... or go with a pin striping brush and gold paint, and do a couple parallel pinstripes on the face of the rim. Would match the trailer pins and the gold trim on the boat.

6. Member
    ya...that gold would definitely make it pop! Thanks for the ideas!