Tire sticking on trailer...any ideas

I had a tire on a dual axle trailer that developed a leak. I took it off, had it repaired and put it back on. I keep the boat parked on gravel in a storage unit and the last few times I have put the boat in that wheel seems to not want to turn. It just plows through the gravel for a bit and then finally will start turning. Any idea on what is going on and what I might do about it??
    Thanks

Does it do this in forward or reverse or both ??
    Is the wheel in question on the brake axle ??

t

3. Member
    Brake or bearing problem.

Ether way, start pulling things apart and figure it out.

4. Member
    It just happens right when I first move the trailer. It skids for about 10 ft and then turns fine. Literally never had an issue till I took that tire off to change it. Not sure taking off the tire again is going to point me in the right direction, but I hope someone can point me in a good direction.

5. Member
    Probably a brake problem...

With the tire jacked up does it spin free???

Pull the tire off, pull the hub off...
    Figure out whats going on here, what other direction is there to go???

Brake might be out of adjustment, do you know how to adjust and check that?

6. Member
    Try putting the vehicle in reverse first and let the trailer move backward about 6-12" (inches) see if it breaks loose. Probably won't know until you try pulling forward.
    Rocket

Do you make certain that the tongue is fully extended before you unhook the boat from your tow vehicle? And, when you hook up, do you press the lever under the actuator to make certain that the brakes are not engaged?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    Did you have the tire repaired or did you replace it? If you replaced the tire make sure the new tire is not rubbing in the wheel well...
    Just a thought.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    Did you have the tire repaired or did you replace it? If you replaced the tire make sure the new tire is not rubbing in the wheel well...
    Just a thought.
    Interesting!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    Just a thought.

He stated in his first line, that he had the tire repaired and remounted.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePech View Post
    He stated in his first line, that he had the tire repaired and remounted.
    But in second post OP said he took the tire off to change it. So I was just wanting to make sure he only repaired it and we are dealing with the original tire - which I imagine is the case.

12. Member
    Sounds like the brakes are engaged when he parks, then they rust to the rotor and stick until it's moving enough to break free.

Agree with Jeff, after parking pull forward to make sure the brakes are disengaged.